some old corps photos

Dale - any date on the back of that photo? I'm guessing it's between 76 and 78. Paul Pitts was DM in 77 - that DM looks much taller. Craiga might know.......

The drum major was Frank Healy

Dale - any date on the back of that photo? I'm guessing it's between 76 and 78. Paul Pitts was DM in 77 - that DM looks much taller. Craiga might know.......

The photo is of 1978 Iso-snares as we called them. Drum Major was Frank Healy, I wonder if this photo was DCI Canada that's when Frank had finally gotten his Drum Major jacket that he was fitted for back in January of that year.

The photo is of 1978 Iso-snares as we called them. Drum Major was Frank Healy, I wonder if this photo was DCI Canada that's when Frank had finally gotten his Drum Major jacket that he was fitted for back in January of that year.

Nope it was Allentown. I'll put up a couple of others from the same roll later tonight.

Dale

1978 BAC at Allentown.

78bac2.JPG

78bac5.JPG

78bac6.JPG

General Putnam's Men Ottawa,OH

from the 1979 U.S. Open program.

GeneralPutnamsMenfrom1979USOpenprog.jpg

The drum major was Chip Deopker. His brother Nick is the middle tall French horn player in the upper right photo marched Madison after we folded. The short snare in the lower right is Mike Bailey who marched Troopers for several years after we folded and is a free lance drummer based in Nashville. I believe he won or placed very high in snare I & E one year (86 or 87).

Edited by shawn craig

Great photos. Thanks for sharing. Still one of the coolest uniforms on the field. I wonder when these photos were taken. The drill looks pretty clean, except for some intervals in the guard.

In 1978, the Allentown show was held on July 8th (we were there, too, and I still have a copy of my 1978 tour schedule).

1978 BAC at Allentown.

78bac5.JPG

12 rifles?!!!

That's almost crazy! Awesome pictures!

Puppet

12 rifles?!!!

That's almost crazy! Awesome pictures!

Puppet

12 rifles isn't so crazy. All my years in BD we had 12 full-time rifles...except for 1975 when we had 14!!!