some old corps photos

i'm not too computer savvy. i just searched for dagenham in the search box. Exciting times, just wish WE had a few more numbers in the Lancers Alumni!

Congrats to both organizations. I remember you both well and with fondness. The early '80s were great days for both British corps and marching bands.

Wow....someone REALLY did a number on Eddie Jaques' chime rack!!

We had a "fit" with that chime rack. That is Billy Mendenhall (not sure of the name spelling) from Elkton, NC. The chime rack was a commercial partnership, but the design could not stand-up to the rigors of drum corps. Our staff, with the help of some drumline members, retrofitted much of the rack. In the picture, bit is me on the far left (David Vita - Xylophone), John Traphagen on bells, Art Fabrizio on Vibes and then Billy on the Chimes. Good times. :smile:

Congrats to both organizations. I remember you both well and with fondness. The early '80s were great days for both British corps and marching bands.

Thanks! The crowd at Wolverhampton for finals was great!

Funny thing....John Johnson was inspired to make british drum corps after seeing Santa Clara....yet he visually modelled Dag after BD!

I wonder if it was finances that killed Dag after 1988...2 trips to the US in 6 years and new unis were probably a huge burden.

Green Bay Northmen 1981

2corpsphotos9199.jpg

That's actually a picture of the Northern Step Drill Team, whose director decided to form them into a drum and bugle corps in the late 70s....hence the Northmen.

http://www.northernstep.com/

I think these are the original Iso-drums. Kilts had them the same year but dumped them mid season.

78bac4.JPG

I think these are the original Iso-drums. Kilts had them the same year but dumped them mid season.

78bac4.JPG

A little baffled by this photo. Is that 6 snares on the left with toms attached?...and 4 quads or tri's to the right?...the first guy on the right looks to have 5 drums...then the 2 middle guys seem to have 3...then the guy on the end seems to have 4. Or are my eyes decieveing me here?....at any rate its a strange set-up indeed!

Edited by KingsmenSnare76

A little baffled by this photo. Is that 6 snares on the left with toms attached?...and 4 quads or tri's to the right?...the first guy on the right looks to have 5 drums...then the 2 middle guys seem to have 3...then the guy on the end seems to have 4. Or are my eyes decieveing me here?....at any rate its a strange set-up indeed!

Also is that a gong set-up by the timpani?...and what year was this??....seems a bit ahead of its time!