some old corps photos

Urgh....someone posted this in a FB group and now I can't find it.

Boron Oil was primarily an Ohio company, I think...but this isn't 'Coats. Someone more familiar with Ohio-are corps of the 70s or early 80s (p/r brass here), might have a better idea.

So...who was this corps?!

• 3 weeks later...

An old photo. I think prelims of 75 World Open (not held in Lynn) complete with runners in uniforms on the sidelines. Boo is in there somewhere

1484162_10202841434856816_138461322_n.jp

Look for the flugel horn player that only plays the middle range notes. That's Boo!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I don't know most of that information, but my father may know more and I will ask him. I was in the corps from age 7 to 9. And as I have said, due to a car accident, I have lost a lot of my memories. I do remember the night we left to go to Denver in '77. We met behind the Sears in the Marshalltown, IA Mall. It was dark and creepy and I was excited and tired all at the same time. I have glimpses of stops with people jumping off the bus and running to bathrooms. I remember one instance where the girl didn't make it.

I also remember sleeping in the gym at Nationals in Denver, CO with a huge curtain down the middle for the boys on one side and the girls on the other. I remember going to the stadium and having to sit up high at one point. What I dislike the most is I only remember 3 times of actually performing. Once at the home in State Center, IA, in a parade that was 5 miles long, and the night we had competition in Marshalltown, IA for the the Championship we had won. I was the one who guarded the American Flag and that night we had three flags instead of two to guard. I wish I could remember more, but I don't. I believe I am in that picture that was posted, but I am not 100% for sure. I so wish I could remember more.

Dee

Dee,

You're probably the Deanna that's already listed on the Corpsreps.com page under Members but, just in case your not, here is the link to your corps page:

http://www.corpsreps.com/corpsreps.cfm?view=memberlist&corpsid=291&corpstype=Junior

• 4 weeks later...

and they slant to the left....

... and they're all out of step ...