some old corps photos

Any year that SCV didn't take the DCI crown was a "bad year" for Gail. :doh:

I agree with you. I just listened to the show for the first time in 27 years the other night. Wow, I got so emotional!

I've never seen the video of the show (believe it or not), so I can't wait to see the DVD now.

It was fun to see Gail Royer discuss each show during the "History of Excellence" videos. There were so many comments he made where in my head I would reply "but I absolutely love that show" after.

oakland.JPG
This one kinda freaks me out. I mean, the implication is that "DCI" was painted on the field backwards. Why would they have done that? Or was this a Photoshop job? Kinda clever if it was.

No explaination needed.

bridgemen80.jpg

Also a nice shot.

Dale

cavies80.jpg

Fred didn't write, "Bird's 'o Fire". Curt Moore and Mike ? did. Also, and this has been bugging me for some time now, Fred was not responsible for SCV's style in the early 70's. He wrote the music, but it was Bob Kalkofen who nursed the line on a daily basis, including, but certainly not limited too, wishing each and everyone of us well after the onfield warmup. He seems to be completely over looked in the "History" books and it is really beginning to pi## me off!!! B)

Believe me when I tell you, We on the East Coast all knew of Bob Kalkofen and he deserves his place in History !!!!!!

You handsome devil, you! Hi John! Will I see you in Kingston and / or DCA Ro-Cha-Cha?

Why thank you, but, I've been called worse :P

I'll be in Rochester with Optimists, come say hi if you're up that early, I'm the one with hair in the snare line. Wait, in uniform it's hard to tell... I have less wrinkles.

Regards,

John

Yay, John, you're finally featured in one of these photos! I thought that had to be you. ^OO^

The reason for the missing tenors may be because DCI Canada came relatively early in the season, probably during first tour. The only reason I know that now is because of my earlier comments about the flags. The guard doesn't yet have our yellow and red double-flags/streamers or our gauntlets. I'm thinking we added those for second tour. Also, in the first photo, my Side 1 counterpart closest to the 50 yardline is missing. By second tour, we had a full guard.

There's been a few pics in this thread that I'm in, none as good as this one though. The pics you put up from 79 show 6 tenors. Ernie and Cathy (spent all day trying to remember their names, still working on the last names) were added mid season. They marched the near end (had they been on the feld in the pic in question) and Ron and I switched spots in the middle by second tour.

I have a great picture Mr. Cruickshank took, that unfortunately cut Mark off, he was on the end by then. One of these days when I locate it, I'll post it. I know, It should be hanging on a wall, but I pack too well. Been here ten years and still haven't gotten to that box.

Regards,

John

Why thank you, but, I've been called worse :P

I'll be in Rochester with Optimists, come say hi if you're up that early, I'm the one with hair in the snare line. Wait, in uniform it's hard to tell... I have less wrinkles.

Regards,

John

I'll look for you! Incase, I miss you near the Corps... come over to the smoking area, concert side, all the way on the end. I'll be wearing my Sky Alumni jacket, I'm short so, you might miss me. But, I'll ask anyone I see in Opti attire where you are.

This one kinda freaks me out. I mean, the implication is that "DCI" was painted on the field backwards. Why would they have done that? Or was this a Photoshop job? Kinda clever if it was.

The picture has been flipped. Look at the top where it says Molson's Cup backwards. :worthy: