some old corps photos

Pretty sure that's not 79. Judging by how badly we're marching, it could be 77.

Actually, John, I'm positive that it's '78 because the flags don't have plumes in our hats. That happened in '78 because the corps was so big that we ran out of plumes, so we in the flag line had to go without. We didn't march particularly well in '78, either. :P

Edited by byline

The Ventures won Class A because they merged Class A with the All-Girl that year, thus beginning the sad, tortured era of Screwville (otherwise known as "The 80s") for the Knights.

Edited by tommytimp

Here, here! (Or is that, "Hear, hear"?)

Anyway, this is the thread for old corps photos, so there will be other Oakies who want to see them.

Trying fo figure out if I'm in this photo. Hard to tell, with our arms in front of our faces in present-arms position.

Also, this is '78, not '79. The guard is wearing the white boots, and we have the old cross/half-circle flags.

OK, we marched badly in 78 too.

John

OK, we marched badly in 78 too.

LOL, yup! That could be me on the left-hand side of the flags (the only one with her face visible). It kind of looks like me. Wish I could remember where I was in the drill. It changed pretty radically from first tour to second tour. I remember that during first tour, I was up front for the guard feature during drum solo, but then that was among many, many drill moves that got rewritten, so for second tour I was in back.

I still have my tour schedule from that year, and Allentown was during first tour (July 8, 1978). So this would have been Version 1.57 . . . or something like that! :P

That would be Ventures.

Who's the cutie on the bottom left? Oh I was suppose to look at the corps.

Hey anyone happen to have a picture of the 1982 Renegades (NY)? The did compete at World Open, AI, Key To The Sea as well as DCI in Montreal.

No disrespect to Steve but Vinny Gallant taught him everything he knew.

I grew up with both of them and I totally disagree. While Vinnie was an awesome Drum Corps drummer, Steve was a outstanding set player with great chops and a writing talent. Vinnie and I graduated High School together (commencement march was Crown Imperial at Malden Catholic in 1976) and Steve and I were both born the same day and celebrated our 18th birthdays together back when you could legally drink at 18.

I grew up with both of them and I totally disagree. While Vinnie was an awesome Drum Corps drummer, Steve was a outstanding set player with great chops and a writing talent. Vinnie and I graduated High School together (commencement march was Crown Imperial at Malden Catholic in 1976) and Steve and I were both born the same day and celebrated our 18th birthdays together back when you could legally drink at 18.

Understood, I marched with both of them prior to thier 27 and my Boston days. Ah yes 18years old and legal, the good old days.

More Oakland Crusaders. OK Sue it's confession time. Is this you?

(More to come).

oakcru.JPG

oakcru1.JPG

OK how old is this dude?

oakcru5.JPG