some old corps photos

This is the Kingsmen in 78 I think.

kingsmen.JPG

I'm pretty sure this is the Mello Dears, a pretty good all-girl corps.

mellodears.JPG

mellodears1.JPG

Here's one for Lancer Legend.

73-27th2.jpg

Knowing the size of my timp - 26" - Rick Manning was banging huge plates. That was during the into to African Suite.

oakcru4.JPG

Hey is that our own Susan Taylor (susantaylor40) carrying the big drum there? I can't quite tell... looks like a little kid!!

Even if it's not, that is a great shot of a great (now extinct everywhere except Kingsmen!) timp line! But how cool if it is her!!

She's gonna love that!

^OO^

04.jpg

I think this is Kingsmen 78.... could the guy with the huge keyboard tell me?

Hey is that our own Susan Taylor (susantaylor40) carrying the big drum there? I can't quite tell... looks like a little kid!!

Even if it's not, that is a great shot of a great (now extinct everywhere except Kingsmen!) timp line! But how cool if it is her!!

She's gonna love that!

^OO^

Sorry to break your heart, Geno, but the little dude with the big drum in Kevin Dunne. The pics, I believe is from 78, a year before I marched. I am in the one pic of the drum line from 79, closest to the far right snare. Even still, it is very cool to see these pictures.

She's gonna love that!

^OO^

Sue (the other one) didn't start marching Oakland until '79; this is a photo of the '78 tymp line.

By the way, Dale, I take it these photos are by Ed Ferguson, as well?

Edited by byline

More Oakland Crusaders. OK Sue it's confession time. Is this you?

(More to come).

oakcru.JPG

I wish, but I never marched rifle. Or had her figure. This is . . . oh, memory fails once again. Mary, I think?

Thanks so much for posting these great photos! ^OO^

Edited by byline

All under age. four sops l to r, Jeff Davis (soloed in Black Magic Woman and Sing Sing Sing the year before), ?, Mark Kupiac (same guy as in the Olds ad several pages back - marched 3rd sop with him 5 years prior in the Marching Diplomats), and Dick Verling (soloed in Sir Lancelot OTL, also a former Glassmen).

John: Is Mark aka "Gronk"? Honestly, that's all I ever knew him by. He was one fella who scared me . . . especially after I whacked his soprano with my flagpole at a show in '79. The only reason I didn't get mashed for that is because it was his fault, and he knew it. It was '79, after the "X" in the closer, and he marched to the wrong spot. Had been for quite some time, apparently. But this time, he came up behind me on my blind spot, closer than he had before, and I certainly didn't expect him there. Did whatever I was supposed to be doing, felt a funny "clang" and saw Gronk glaring at me. Thought for sure I was a goner after the show . . . but here I am. :laugh: