some old corps photos

Dale, what all-girl corps is this?? They look really sharp!

Les Chatelaines. They had such a presence. Some amazing photos of them, and other corps, posted on their French-language website: Les Châtelaines de Laval

Now, Geno, this one I am in. Are you sure this is 79? The tymps don't have the shield painted on the front, and they were there in 79. I think those are the new drum we got in 80. John, what do you think?

Sue, assuming that all of those black-and-white photos in that particular grouping are from the same year, then it has to be '79. The guard gives a couple of clues: In '79, we were all-female and used the blue-and-white pennant flags that you see here (adding a second yellow-and-red pennant flag/streamer on the bottom for second tour). In 1980, we had a male/female guard. First tour, and before the new uniforms came in, the guard marched as plugs in the horn line. So even if this were first tour with the old uniforms, you wouldn't see a guard out on the field. And then, if it were with the guard added back in, then we'd be wearing the new uniforms and be using the neat yellow-and-red "lightning bolt" flags that we used in 1980.

So, again, assuming that all the photos in that particular cluster that Dale posted are from the same year, then they would all be from 1979.

I stand corrected. :P

These are from 78 prelims in Boulder.

scv78.jpg

scv78-2.jpg

more 78 prelims

cadets78.jpg

cadets78-2.jpg

I'll find a cloe up Jim & Kevin but for now these will do bringing back a few memories.

Dale

27th78.JPG

27th78-2.JPG

One more for tonight.

phantom78.jpg