some old corps photos

Dale, what all-girl corps is this?? They look really sharp!

Chatalaine De LeVal (sorry about the SP)

Definitely Mello Dears

Dale, thanks for all the great pics. Any Royal Coachmen from mid 70's

I'll take a look Keith. I thought I saw a couple of the Renegades. I'll look through the proof sheets this weekend on the patio by the pool.

Chatalaine De LeVal (sorry about the SP)

Thanks. We had a flag in 1978 who marched with them. Can't remember her name. She used to talk French in her sleep. (Screamed out "Fermez la fenetre" - close the window - on the bus one cold night. I politely translated!!) Nice girl.

Thanks. We had a flag in 1978 who marched with them. Can't remember her name. She used to talk French in her sleep. (Screamed out "Fermez la fenetre" - close the window - on the bus one cold night. I politely translated!!) Nice girl.

That's funny Jim. Hey I'm looking through the 78 photos to see if I can find any mello photos for you and Ferb.

That's funny Jim. Hey I'm looking through the 78 photos to see if I can find any mello photos for you and Ferb.

Thanks so much. Marc Sylvester was in that line, too! Surprised you remember me, Dale. Hope you're doing well!!

Looks like Les Chatelaines

Funny you mention that. I used to work for this little retail software company here in Montreal, and worked closely with one of their Project Managers on an account. I don't remember how we began the discussion, but I mentioned that on my laptop I had a bunch of Drum Corps music. I also mentioned "you wouldn't understand" based on past "huhs?" I have received from people I have known. I expected the habitual "you are very different" look but was not prepared for what followed.

He turns to me and says "I know about that - my mother was the Director of Les Chatelaines for a while and my sister was in the corps" My mouth dropped. I couldn't believe that someone I had least expected to be aware of the activity was suddenly telling me that his mother was a Director of a well known corps. I tried to be calm but the "Your mother is an extremely important person!" expression would not leave my face.

Another colleague piped up with "what are you talking about?" Alain tried to explain it to her but finally said "you would be impressed if you saw it" and we left it at that.

To this day Alain still doesn't know how to react when I talk about how great it is that his mother was a Director of Les Chatelaines.

Scott

Edited by LincolnV

I'll never live that nickname down will I. Of course it is my "handle" on DCP so I shouldn't complain. Thanks for looking for pictures of the mellophone line although, I didn't play mellophone until 79 (thanks Dave Dubinski, who's stay with 27th was very short lived). I was in a in a dectet in 20th Century in 79 (right after Brian's solo) and a quartet of 2 french horns and 2 mellophones near the end of 20th Century that same year. And in 82 I had a very short solo in Gaite Parisienne. Maybe there are some pictures of those three moments with me right up front. I was pretty much on the 50 most of my time with 27th so I know I pretty much where I am in most of the pictures from my era. But I haven't seen any closeups. I want closeups, #### it!!!! :P

I'll take a look Keith. I thought I saw a couple of the Renegades. I'll look through the proof sheets this weekend on the patio by the pool.

I'll sip a few by my pool while I wait. LOL! Although it is pretty darn hot out down here but thank you for checking Dale. Did you take any pics when we were working with Patriots?

They are Ed's yes. Just to give you a brief summary. Ed and his wife Christa were/are very good friend's of mine. Ed passed away at 49 and after some time Christa gave me all of Ed's pictures. About 10,000 went to WGI and I am getting over 8,000 drum corps photos developed and put onto disks to preserve them. I am pulling a few from every disk to put here. He was a great guy and a very good photographer.

Christa only asks that if anyone uses them they give credit to Ed.

Dale

Thanks, Dale, will do!