some old corps photos

Lynne I think I have a few pics of the Capitalaires from 78. I'll resize them and get them posted over the weekend.

Dale

Pride of Cincinnati, 82.

Slide26.jpg

Bayonne, 1981. Look at that.

Slide28.jpg

Garfield 81.

Slide29.jpg

27. Wicked good drum solo.

Slide30.jpg

Lynne I think I have a few pics of the Capitalaires from 78. I'll resize them and get them posted over the weekend.

Dale

YEAH! b**bs

Pride of Cincinnati, 82.

Slide26.jpg

Bayonne, 1981. Look at that.

Slide28.jpg

Garfield 81.

Slide29.jpg

27. Wicked good drum solo.

Slide30.jpg

Check out the contras doing a rifle exchange.

wow! :whistle: That Contra line doing the exhange. :worthy: 1981 One of my favorite 27 horn lines! :worthy:

Edited by Lancerlady

That didn't last too long. I don't think there was a show that they all caught the rifles. And if they were going to do an effect that reflected on that color guard and they couldn't execute that effect....................well I don't think I have to go any further. I remember how hard Zingali and Peggy worked the hornline on the flag stuff we did in drum solo. So to think they were going to allow the contras all season to "work it out".............I don't think so. :P

BTW, Geno, check back 2 pages.

Avant Garde 82. First on that morning. Exposure was still off.

Slide9.jpg

The hot, hot Capitolaires, Class A Day 82.

Slide10.jpg

Imperial Guard 82.

Slide12.jpg

Question, Where are the Imperial Guard from and what contest was this in Whitewater 1982 ?

Question, Where are the Imperial Guard from and what contest was this in Whitewater 1982 ?

Imperial Guard was a corps out of Evansville, IN. They were a good corps in the early 80's. They never made the top 25 but I think they were close a couple of years. I am assuming these photos were taken at DCI Whitewater which was a huge show back in the day.

DCI Midwest. In 81, 82, 83 and 84, all tours converged on Whitewater, making it the most comprehensive regional prior to Nationals. Imperial Guard were open class, but not a member so they went on Friday (which was Class A Day as well.)

Alliance. Weird guard.

Slide18.jpg

Tommy this is Spectra, one of the corps that merged that made Alliance. It appears the weird guard uniform started before Alliance.

spectra.jpg