some old corps photos

My pleasure. I enjoyed working with the Dutch Boy Cadets. Give Jody a hug from me, say hello to all, have fun and send me photos :smile:

I remember a Jody who marched guard with Oakland in '79, maybe '80 too. She came over with the Cardinals of Precious Blood group. Same Jody?

In the old days (a few will remember this), if a member passed out or fell, you were supposed to march right over the poor soul. You were not allowed to assist or help. If you were not injured or passed out, a judge (perhaps the T&P?) was supposed to go over and that judge was the only person that would allow you stand and rejoin the corps. I am pretty sure you were given a tenth of a point penalty for "dropped equipment."

That girl does not look like she is posing. I wonder if there is someone that can respond.

That is correct, march right over them!

Check out the flag in the very back, she is looking down at her fallen friend, that could have been another tenth if a judge noticed her looking around.

You act as if nothing happened and continue right on.

Santa Clara Vanguard 1972 Soloists Russ Preston and on the right Wayne Downey (the picture is not too good)

2corpsphotos9120.jpg

Are you sure that's Wayne? Looks like Dave Luciani to me... but it's hard to tell. Cool pic. Spartan Stadium!

Another 27th Lancers photo for LancerLegend

2corpsphotos9128.jpg

That is from 1971. :tongue: From left to right, you can see snares Tim Lanigan, Ralph Ciano, and Fran Foley (whose drum always seemed to tilt the wrong way). Behind, are tenors Butch Boyd, Dan Denahy, Bass Bill Morrill, Tenor Bob Constantine and Peter Mullen. Peter appears to have his sticks under his left armpit, while swinging his right arm. Can't see who is directly behind Peter, but Sully is playing bass behind him.

Those are Rose-Morris Pipe Snare drums, with a snare strainer directly under the batter head, and under the snare head. The Tenors and Bass were Ludwig drums.

The emblems were hand painted by Ken Chisolm - just like the heraldry on the drums in Great Britain.

Fleabag....where on earth did you dig that up. I am jealous.

Are you sure that's Wayne? Looks like Dave Luciani to me... but it's hard to tell. Cool pic. Spartan Stadium!

I didn't think it was Wayne...somewhere there's a good clear pic of him...I don't see his 'stache or glasses in this pic

It may not be, I have seen them mess up captions before.

Here is what the caption with the photo says,

"Santa Clara Vanguard plays their concert of "Wedding Celebration and Bottle Dance" Soloists are Russ Preston, left, and Wayne Downey.

And yes, the photo is bad, look how the shoes seem to glow and the horns on each side of the tymp, thats how it looks in print.

That is from 1971. :tongue: From left to right, you can see snares Tim Lanigan, Ralph Ciano, and Fran Foley (whose drum always seemed to tilt the wrong way). Behind, are tenors Butch Boyd, Dan Denahy, Bass Bill Morrill, Tenor Bob Constantine and Peter Mullen. Peter appears to have his sticks under his left armpit, while swinging his right arm. Can't see who is directly behind Peter, but Sully is playing bass behind him.

Those are Rose-Morris Pipe Snare drums, with a snare strainer directly under the batter head, and under the snare head. The Tenors and Bass were Ludwig drums.

The emblems were hand painted by Ken Chisolm - just like the heraldry on the drums in Great Britain.

Fleabag....where on earth did you dig that up. I am jealous.

That photo was in the August 1971 Drum Corps Digest along with that one of Duffy and Hein.

It was about 2" by 2" and I blew it up to the size you see here, it is slighty fuzzy because the smaller photo was not very clear to start with.

I know you like these 71 Lancer photos so I did it for you! :doh:

As to the fainting… There were always ambulances at our shows - at least one or two people passed out every show. But usually after they were over the finish line.

But, in honor of the up coming All Hollow's Eve and in memory of Joe the Plumber…

Joe Carazano , Ruben Ariola, Joe Cuba

JoeJoeandJoe.jpg

1968 Danse Macabre Saint Saens our exit from concert.

Puppet