some old corps photos

Meh....gauchos, skirts, kilts.....to most guys, they're the same!

I think the guys from Racine know the difference between skirts and kilts! :soapbox:

Thats Laurie in the back and super rifle (written below photo) Lee in front 1981

Modeling the new uniforms maybe?

2corpsphotos9194.jpg

Good grief, where did you get that?

That is indeed Laurel Hansen modeling the new uniform with me. The pic was taken in front of my parent's house in Concord.

Edited by elayes

Good grief, where did you get that?

That is indeed Laurel Hansen modeling the new uniform with me. The pic was taken in front of my parent's house in Concord.

This is why I love women! No matter how good they look they always put on this kind of outrage thing - it's adorable!

Knowing it was my last year, I took a lot of bus and rehearsal shots - especially of the guard who I thought were some of the most beautifully innocent (we were a CYO organization after all!) young women anywhere.

OT- I really think my ex wife destroyed most of those shots but that's another story.

So, when I showed this shot of Christie to her, she was like (while punching my shoulder) "Why didn't you tell me? I've got no makeup! Don't show this to anybody!"

Christine.jpg

OK, Christie. It's just our secret, but I think the 35 year statute of limitation may have run out.

Puppet

Edited by Puppet

Someone has, these things sound great.

Feh - that's old school stuff (Phantom and Troopers were both cutting away at their shells in the early 80s).

Arguably the loudest snare sound was from the North snares that Spirit used first tour in '81, but they had their own issues related to weight and being SO 'out front' that they created unnecessary exposure to errors.

Feh - that's old school stuff (Phantom and Troopers were both cutting away at their shells in the early 80s).

Arguably the loudest snare sound was from the North snares that Spirit used first tour in '81, but they had their own issues related to weight and being SO 'out front' that they created unnecessary exposure to errors.

And as soon as I saw that these drums were being played indoors, I'm like yeah, right. Loud. Hmmmm.

Whatever.

Puppet

And who was Phantom's drum instructor when they played the old Ludwig split-shell drums? Marty Hurley... in the picture receiving a sample of these new drums. What is old is new again! Biggest problem I see is that today's Bb horn lines aren't loud enough to challenge the balance with snare lines... it's the relative volume of the pit (and, I guess, whatever else gets miked). Still, nice to see Marty again, and the drum looks cool!

Yes, it is old school but, then it has a new twist. The shell is intact, not held together by the lug casings as the old HV's were.

On these new FFX models there is an increase in volume and projection but the real increase is in the responsiveness in the snare sound from the drum. I did this because I wanted to get one of those original drums from Marty. They were falling apart so I came up with this design, very labor intensive but much sturdier than the original design. Anyway, I like the way they sound and didn't ever think that it would go anywhere else...

On these new FFX models there is an increase in volume and projection but the real increase is in the responsiveness in the snare sound from the drum.
with a better solution to bring the snare sound forward.

That was the point, snare sound. Unlike the split shells of the early 80's, these drums allow for a "new school" high tension drum that doesn't sacrifice the identity of a snare drum for the tension. If all that was wanted was volume, you could always use a mic.