some old corps photos

So now I'll return the favor...take a look at the IC Reveries guy whose out of step

When I saw this I figured I knew who it had to be. (The guy I'm thinking of not only marched out of step and out of phase. In later years when he was with 27th, Jim Wedge would plug his mouthpiece as we entered the field! Keith Hall can probably ques who I'm thinking of. ) After looking at it I'm not quite sure who it is but he should have been spanked! :thumbup: Knowing the contra player behind him, I think he probably did. BTW, its not me.

Go here for more Reverie photos.

http://imageevent.com/up4479/icreveries

Go here for more 27th photos.

http://imageevent.com/up4479/27thlancers

Edited by up4479

You know what else is so obvious here is the all the unique distinction of all corps uniforms. Everyone had their own identity uniform-wise and played music that related to that style. Now days your not always 100% sure just who you are seeing out there unless you hear the corps announced...

You know what else is so obvious here is the all the unique distinction of all corps uniforms. Everyone had their own identity uniform-wise and played music that related to that style. Now days your not always 100% sure just who you are seeing out there unless you hear the corps announced...

I agree. Not only that but five years from now when you listen to the recordings you'll have the same problem.

Troopers - World Open Parade - July 16, 1971

Thank you so much baja

Since it's a cover for Japanese in Chicago, I doubt it's the Los Angeles/Glendale Chinese on the cover. The only Japanese drum corps from L.A. that I'm aware of is the Third Generation. They hailed from Monterey Park area.

Don't know any history about Japanese Drum Corps in Chicago though. Perhaps the author has a reference in the book?

Nisei Ambassadors were from Chicago. Awesome horn lines - took high horns in 70 or 71 at World open, but like 9th place overall.

A former Illiana instructor (Don Kaihatsu) marched there so we heard all kinds of stories...

Did he play baritone then? He was a mellophone player in The Royal Coachmen. The Pipe man himself.....Joel Lamarre!!!

So now I'll return the favor...take a look at the IC Reveries guy whose out of step

When I saw this I figured I knew who it had to be. (The guy I'm thinking of not only marched out of step and out of phase. In later years when he was with 27th, Jim Wedge would plug his mouthpiece as we entered the field! Keith Hall can probably ques who I'm thinking of. ) After looking at it I'm not quite sure who it is but he should have been spanked! :thumbup: Knowing the contra player behind him, I think he probably did. BTW, its not me.

Go here for more Reverie photos.

http://imageevent.com/up4479/icreveries

Go here for more 27th photos.

http://imageevent.com/up4479/27thlancers

testing

These are Brassmen

What's funny is I can't dredge up in my memory that prelim show. I know the middle shot is near the end of the Color Pre - but that other one near the end zone (???????) It's really great to see all these shots, though I'll tell you.

Which will make Puppet happy!

Yes. Yes it did. Somebody took pictures who wasn't my Mom. (sigh!)

So. Ridiculosly. Bad. Azz.

And I always wondered how the snares never tripped on those draped cords - amazing!

Puppet

testing

1, 2

Nisei Ambassadors were from Chicago. Awesome horn lines - took high horns in 70 or 71 at World open, but like 9th place overall.

A former Illiana instructor (Don Kaihatsu) marched there so we heard all kinds of stories...

Wow, that's so cool (Nisei Ambassadors) . I always learn a little something new on this thread. :tongue: