some old corps photos

My pleasure. I just didn't want to overdoit.

There is NO WAY you could overdo it! I've heard these names a lot since I signed onto DCP....but until now had never seen color pics of many of them, as they predate me by a few years. They make the past come alive....don't EVER apologize for posting these!

Blue Stars - World Open Parade July 16, 1971

IMG_0005-5.jpg

It appears that the street is exactly 18 girls wide. Perfect!

IMG_0006-6.jpg

IMG_0007-5.jpg

There were 54 photos posted starting back at page 1646.

Edited by baja

There is NO WAY you could overdo it! I've heard these names a lot since I signed onto DCP....but until now had never seen color pics of many of them, as they predate me by a few years. They make the past come alive....don't EVER apologize for posting these!

That's interesting about not seeing very many color photos of this era.

You know, it was a great atmosphere on that day, a bit windy and overcast. A fairly narrow street and the sound of drum lines and horn lines, it was electric. There were street venders selling balloons and odd things. I tried to buy a pop but learned that in the east they called it a "soda"...strange. I recall coming with a small group from our corps, but I soon lost them in all the hustle and bustle of trying to get shots of every corps but saving enough film for the prelims. Film was not cheap. I remember jumping out into the street getting down on one knee trying to catch the entire corps in the shot. They never looked at me, they never even blinked. No one turned their heads and there was no talking in the ranks. It was serious. I had marched many parades and was sure they would run me down if they got the chance. And seems to me that the parade was all drum corps.

The world is a funny place... I've been really enjoying these pics the past week and remembering some great corps and great times. This morning I had breakfast with my aunt visiting from Massachussetts and out of the blue she starts talking about going to a parade near her house back in 1971 to see me march with "my corps" (Santa Clara)... how amazing to have just seen pictures of that very parade several days ago! Thanks again!

The world is a funny place... I've been really enjoying these pics the past week and remembering some great corps and great times. This morning I had breakfast with my aunt visiting from Massachussetts and out of the blue she starts talking about going to a parade near her house back in 1971 to see me march with "my corps" (Santa Clara)... how amazing to have just seen pictures of that very parade several days ago! Thanks again!

if you're playing the lottery or mega millions tonight... send me the numbers you play... we'll split it

Thank you, Baja, for posting a great collection of pics from a golden era of bugle corps.

WOW! Those were great pictures.

I also like the signs on buildings!

Every time I see one of these pics I hear the Benificial Finanance jingle. These are awesome!