any idea what year this is?

Regards,

John

That has to be within the last 10-12 years. Notice the

Gold Triangle logo on the front of the bus. Great picture. :sad:

any idea what year this is?

Regards,

John

Hard to say but the front bus is a 700 series which was the volunteer bus. I believe this bus has not been in service with the corps for the last two or three years. And since I don't see the newer buses bought in 2004, 2005 I'm guessing sometime prior to 2004. But I didn't take this photo so I don't know for sure. Could be the buses are actually stopped. The overpass in the rear of the photo is typical of the Ohio Turnpike. It looks like this was taken on SR 108 just south of G-West as the busses were getting on the turnpike.

Hard to say but the front bus is a 700 series which was the volunteer bus. I believe this bus has not been in service with the corps for the last two or three years. And since I don't see the newer buses bought in 2004, 2005 I'm guessing sometime prior to 2004. But I didn't take this photo so I don't know for sure. Could be the buses are actually stopped. The overpass in the rear of the photo is typical of the Ohio Turnpike. It looks like this was taken on SR 108 just south of G-West as the busses were getting on the turnpike.

I thought is was way older than that. The first bus looks like one of the ones they got from Vanguard back in the 80s.

Also, why is it that any picture of a drum corps bus they always look like they are listing?

Regards,

John

I thought is was way older than that. The first bus looks like one of the ones they got from Vanguard back in the 80s.

Also, why is it that any picture of a drum corps bus they always look like they are listing?

Regards,

John

Not sure that was one of ours. Doesn't look like the old Silver Eagle that we had before we got the new ones in '79. Could be wrong though. And as for the buses listing? Roads are curved down for run-off. The person who took the picture was also "listing" to the right so it looks doubly (doubley?) bad. Now you know why Bus Drivers walk funny :tongue: .

Not sure that was one of ours. Doesn't look like the old Silver Eagle that we had before we got the new ones in '79. Could be wrong though.

I thought you got the new ones in 81

And as for the buses listing? Roads are curved down for run-off. The person who took the picture was also "listing" to the right so it looks doubly (doubley?) bad. Now you know why Bus Drivers walk funny :tongue: .

Heh!

Garry in Vegas