some old corps photos

Was it Rome or DCI Canada in Hamilton, Ontario?

Coolest thing about that night, for me personally, was standing in that arc while you guys played Strawberry Soup. That horn line made the hair on the back of my neck stand up... literally gave me goose bumps. First time I'd ever experienced a horn line that loud playing behind me.

Standing in front of the Scouts hornline in arc was always a treat! Just had to make sure your feet were set.

Coolest thing about that night, for me personally, was standing in that arc while you guys played Strawberry Soup. That horn line made the hair on the back of my neck stand up... literally gave me goose bumps. First time I'd ever experienced a horn line that loud playing behind me.

Be glad you guys were BEHIND us when we cranked La Fiesta, then! :tongue:

I don't think it's Hamilton. Hamilton has turf. That's clearly grass.

stars3.jpg

DCI '74 right after finals, parking lot with Cathy from the DP Vanguard.

Check out cool bus in background...

I hear ya Pam.... :blink:

It was great growing up in Lynn. Even better living across the street from Manning Bowl :shutup:

I grew up at t he Top of Bayview ave over looking Manning Bowl I drove By a few weeks ago :-( :-( :-(

The first time i Marched at manning Bowl was with the Stardusters of Danvers at the World Open ages in the Corps was 6-11 lol I think i peed my pants lol thay was 76 i Think

The first time i Marched at manning Bowl was with the Stardusters of Danvers at the World Open ages in the Corps was 6-11 lol I think i peed my pants lol thay was 76 i Think

A few pictures of manning bowl I found on line.

MANNINGBOWL.jpg

mbowlentrance.jpg

mbowlstartimgline.jpg

mbowlconcessions.jpg

Late 80s I think...after the horrid ones with the Kaiser helmets, but before the 92-93 "Spaceman Spiff" unis.

I have to admit that I liked the Kaiser helmets (probably the only person in drumcorpsland!), but the rest of the uniform was pretty bad.