some old corps photos

I'll give you a doozy, then...bunchs low brass going backwards around the 32 second mark...yikes.

And George...oops...my condolences to your back!

thank you--and Sam...don't hate

Here are some of Sky Ryders 1982

hutch82.jpg

hutch82-2.jpg

hutch82-3.jpg

A couple more of Hutch

hutch82-4.jpg

hutch82-5.jpg

Nope....some bad phasing on the 83 vids as well...I don't think the feet REALLY cleaned up until 84-85.

Drill yes....feet no

Actually, that razor l- like precision didnt occur until 1987. The big deal, as you and many others know, was the design and performance of the radical approach to presentation design and transition from form to form.

It took three years (83 - 85) for the activity to first accept and adapt to the new approach then come 87 - 87 master and clean the new style.

The evidence is clear. Watch the 85 high camera vids....sloppiest batch of top 12 corps ever..and thats not because of bad training, its just the radical new approach was being ironed out and experimented with.

G

1982 was the last "traditional" year with elements of what was to come blended in. To watch 1983 and 1984 Phantom Regiment, you could see perfection in presentation and clean interval and feet. It wasnt until 85 that they "caved in" and you can see placement hurt as their tradition approach went out the window.

G

I know I said I would stay away from the west coast corps for a while but while I was saving some photos I saw this one, what a great shot of BDs snare line 1982. Click on the black bar and enlarge it, what a nice clear picture. Man Ed could take great photos.

devils82snares.jpg

Edited by DPEmerald

devils82snares.jpg

Superb clarity.....look at the duct tape on the end snare holding the scoop.....the brushed aluminum and chrome really works well in B&W.

hutch82-5.jpg

The soprano on the left is Randy Riggs. Solo'd for SkyRyders that year and marched his last two years with the Blue Devils. Randy won I&E with the 83 Blue Devils brass ensemble. Randy was my seat partner in 84. We were in each other's weddings and he currently is a City Councilmen for the city of Waco, Texas.

hutch82-5.jpg

The soprano on the left is Randy Riggs. Solo'd for SkyRyders that year and marched his last two years with the Blue Devils. Randy won I&E with the 83 Blue Devils brass ensemble. Randy was my seat partner in 84. We were in each other's weddings and he currently is a City Councilmen for the city of Waco, Texas.

If the pic had been in color I probably would've recognized him sooner....or if his hat had been off and you could see all that red hair!!