some old corps photos

from the Alhambra Invitational program, August 2 1971, Des Plaines Vanguard

1971-alhambra-dpv.jpg

Cathyo, are you in this photo? Nice one again Lindap...

Edited by tommyfromhowardst

Cathy did you also have a sister named Jane who marched in the Vanguard guard?

No. We had several Janes in the corps, but not with the last name O'Connell. My bro Billy marched in the Vanguard drumline for 9 years. My youngest sibling Danny played horn in the short lived feeder corps, but never took to marching in the regular corps. I have no sisters. I was in the guard for four years because girls weren't allowed to play horns or drums. A twist of fate earned me an invitation to play cymbals in 1973. I stayed in the drumline ever since. Best years of my life!

Cathyo, are you in this photo? Nice one again Lindap...

No, I'm not in there because I think this is actually from 1968. Our guard sergeant was in a black uniform starting in '69. The guard sergeant in this picture is Lee Romes who aged out after '68.

This page made me realize what a small world it is. I marched with Glen Morimoto in the Scouts

and he marched in Niesi, Des Plains and then the Scouts. I believe Moto was in the Scouts 73 thru 76.

He was one of the best sops we had, always up front with Metzger and Tippet.

This page made me realize what a small world it is. I marched with Glen Morimoto in the Scouts

and he marched in Niesi, Des Plains and then the Scouts. I believe Moto was in the Scouts 73 thru 76.

He was one of the best sops we had, always up front with Metzger and Tippet.

Yup, all that--Glen marched Madison '74--'76, there were a number of people intertwined between corps for different reasons during different years back in those days--an Altman film to be sure! It's all about good management.