some old corps photos

The white plumes were a massive improvement over the original (1962) fuzzy pickles.

I agree, though I thought that the white shoes were a mistake. Black shoes with the drum majors black feathered plum would have been perfect, though probably expensive.

Cathyo, are you in this photo? Nice one again Lindap...

What a shot! 26 in the guard just in the frame! Reminds me of another guard from BITD - from Connecticut. Lots 'o guard: Trumbull!

Puppet

I was looking at them earlier but I just noticed the skinny long tips--looks like something fire eater's would use on Bozo.....

I attended finals where I obtained the ‘1976 DCI Championship guide to the contests at the University of Pennsylvania’ which included ‘Looking Backwards, Ten years ago…the 1966 drum corps season’. Cowboy hats are comfortable; imo :-)

St. Ignatius, mid sixties

1966-09.jpg

1976 Cardinals (black, red, gold), photo credit Doug Smith

1976-cardinals.jpg

1976 repertoire: Drummer’s Delight, When the Saints Come Marching In, Walk on the Wild Side, Three-Five-O, Medley from Hair

Edited by lindap

1976 Midlanders (white, purple, gold), photo credit Doug Smith

1976-midlanders.jpg

1976 repertoire: Let’s Hear It For Me, Stoney End, Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord, Day by Day, So Very Hard to Go

Edited by lindap

Yikes, look at those tenor drum sticks. You old timers might remember seeing them in the Ludwig (or was it Slingerland?) catalog, on the page with those red, yellow and green Shriner's drums.

:cool:

Fred O.

St. Raphael's Bucs used them as early as 1961 ... gave the tenors an incredibly high pitch sound for that era ... great projection and clarity for GE but, real tough on execution ...

:-)

We were at their home show in August of 76.

1976 Midlanders (white, purple, gold), photo credit Doug Smith

1976-midlanders.jpg

1976 repertoire: Let’s Hear It For Me, Stoney End, Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord, Day by Day, So Very Hard to Go