some old corps photos

"This picture of the Maumee Demons was taken at Marion, OH, May 1964 at a drum corps clinic.

The drummers are L-R Roger Hoyt, Bass - Doug Kretzer, Gary Krall and Bill Krall .

Between Bill and Gary is Tim Bollinger Cymbals"

Doug Kretzer? Is that Scott's dad? Scott came to Glassmen in 84 in the spring with no corps experience. He learned how to drum from his father, but had an old style, wide open like Cavies used to be like. His dad asked me if I thought in the remaining time until the season started if I thought he could make the snare line. I took a chance and Scott turned out to be not too bad by season's end. I recall his dad saying he had marched in Cavies, but he never mentioned being in the Glassmen.

Regards,

John

Yes Scott is Dougs Son

A couple of local MA corps.

The Randolph Brigadiers

80brigs.jpg

The Arlington Heightsmen

80heightsmen.jpg

The Arlington Heightsmen

80heightsmen.jpg

Those Heightsmen uniforms became Alliance, did they not?

The tall drummer is Doug Kretzer.

1964sonsofala.jpg

This is the Maumee Demons snare section. Doug (I believe he was a stevedore) was a powerful snare drummer. The smaller guys had to play WAY open to keep up with him.

Their large cymbalist was probably the first in our activity to brandish a set of 30"s, in an era when 14"s were common.

Doug was a one-man franchise. Although the Demons did not fare as well in marching or bugling, their cleanliness in the drumming caption made up for it. They dominated the entire [1965-1969] history of the Midwest Senior Association.

Those Heightsmen uniforms became Alliance, did they not?

I do believe you are correct. The other corps in that merger, the Sancians, wore all black with a rainbow cross sash.

I do believe you are correct. The other corps in that merger, the Sancians, wore all black with a rainbow cross sash.

I thought it was Spectra.

The 1965 Maumee Demons drum Line

OHMaumeeDemonsKenoshaWI19654.jpg

Edited by old ohio drum corps

I thought it was Spectra.

Yea I guess we are both correct. The Sancians were a big part of Spectra. I think they joined with the Imperials to form Spectra. Spectra and Alliance then formed the Spectra Heightsmen Alliance which then became The Alliance.