some old corps photos

Do you have a date for this add?

The Super Sensitive parade drum first appears in the '64 catalog, about a year after the standard SS concert snare was introduced. It's possible that it came out during the 63 season, though, since both Ludwig and Slingerland would introduce product mid-flow.

BTW, here's the catalog page from that first year the marching version was available.

super_sensitive.jpg

1973 Nationals Program, Marching Saints, Carleton Place, Ontario

Program notes “…formed about 1965 and competed as Junior ‘B’ for 7 years…this year competing as Junior ‘C’…1973 music ‘Burke’s Law’, ‘When the Saints go Marching In’, ‘Cabaret’, ‘What Kind of Fool am I’, ‘Black Saddle’, ‘By the Time I Get to Phoenix’…”

my request, at bottom left of this thread is a search box; type the word Carleton. Could someone please send along my 2 scans to "carleton place marching saints" facebook (CP Marching Saints)? I don’t have an FB account. Thanks.

73-marching-saints.jpg

• Like 1

senecaprincemen73a.jpg

Cool flags!

It appears that one pike has just lost her flag (perpendicular to the others). Possibly the windy conditions.

apparently so...the s is backwards due to wind...cool photo of me between Nancy M. and Nancy G. thank you baja :-)

the flag line might be doing a fan drill and starting to bring the poles down one-by-one. Vicki is on the left; think I see Paula, Chris, Betty-Ann...

edit: the S is for Seneca College...our sponsors Aug 7/72...they needed a band for their football games...it was a win-win situation;

This photo might be from 1972 shortly after we received sponsorship from the College.

Edited by lindap

I was there and I don't think Lucas stadium could hold a candle to this place in terms of echo. The difference is that the McCormick echo was, in general, an enhancement, at least as far as I was concerned. Everything seemed sharper. Snares especially, who's sound was bouncing off the floor. Get the recording and you will know what I mean. Backfield sound was good as well.

Wow, I ever expected a first hand account! Thanks for sharing.

Holiday regards,

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5

Our drum line used these snare, triples and bass...same exact colors (Royal Coachmen) until 1975.

The Super Sensitive parade drum first appears in the '64 catalog, about a year after the standard SS concert snare was introduced. It's possible that it came out during the 63 season, though, since both Ludwig and Slingerland would introduce product mid-flow.

BTW, here's the catalog page from that first year the marching version was available.

super_sensitive.jpg