some old corps photos

Logan Square Chicago, IL (photo more than likely from sometime in the 40's, possibly late 30's)

logansquare.jpg

Trivia question about Logan Square,

This 1960's, early 70's powerhouse, now under a different name was the direct descendent of Logan Square, anyone know who?

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1

They were before my time. I wonder when they disbanded. The only thing I remember from Lackawana, NY were Baker Victory Guys and Gals Drill Team.

Melodiers All Girl Lackawanna, NY

Melodiers.jpg

Logan Square Chicago, IL (photo more than likely from sometime in the 40's, possibly late 30's)

logansquare.jpg

Trivia question about Logan Square,

This 1960's, early 70's powerhouse, now under a different name was the direct descendent of Logan Square, anyone know who?

Easy one. Chicago Cavaliers.

Nope, not Cavaliers.

DesPlaines Vanguard (who also started out in Logan Square).

http://desplainesvanguard.com/dpv_photos/p...7_logan_29l.jpg

They were before my time. I wonder when they disbanded. The only thing I remember from Lackawana, NY were Baker Victory Guys and Gals Drill Team.

Keith,

To answer your question, here is a response from a former Melodier that currently marches with us in Joe's.

Hi Ed, Thanks, I have the original of this picture - wonder where they got this copy, Anyway, we disbanded in the late 60's. We were a Class A Junior Corps. Most of the girls were aging out and Bea Heatherly - our director - wanted to go to just a parade corps for about a year or so, until we could get back to the level we were competing at. And so even the girls like me who were not too old said "Naaah" Parades for us were just for money and an extra rehearsal. We were a competing field corps and so, .....that was that. Sad.

Beth