some old corps photos

1977 Hava De Grace MD July 4 Parade and Contest, early photos of the two month old merger of the Pa Belvederes-Highlanders=Black Diamond Regiment

That was the show held on the pier1 I've told a couple of stories before about that show. A GSC corps I taught, the King's Regiment (merger of the Wayne NJ Monarchs and Greemwood Lake Lakers) used to do the parade and show...I think we were there in 77.

65vacationlandsweetheartsjanmeyrdm.jpg

1965 Vacantionland Sweethearts - Port Clinton, OH

Jan Meyer - drum major

corpsreps July 26, 1969 Sheffield PA is the same as my place and time in my 1969 scrapbook; didn't know the scores until now

1 Marion Cadets 67.500

2 Scarborough Firefighters 55.350

3 Catholic Daughters of America 53.500

4 Purple Lancers 51.050

5 Vac Sweethearts 48.200

i'm pretty sure we had a good time traveling, competing and doing our show...the Vacantionland Sweethearts photo is festive for this time of year :)

edit: seems there's a microphone with wires in front in the tall grass; maybe sound absorbed instead of reflected

Edited by lindap

That was the show held on the pier1 I've told a couple of stories before about that show. A GSC corps I taught, the King's Regiment (merger of the Wayne NJ Monarchs and Greemwood Lake Lakers) used to do the parade and show...I think we were there in 77.

You not only were there in 77, you won the show. :tongue:

1973 Nationals Program, Senators, Brampton Ontario

Program notes “…formed in 1966, disbanded in 1968, reformed under sponsorship of Brampton Recreation Department…1973 first year in Junior ‘C’…repertoire this year is ‘Somewhere They Can’t Find Me’, ‘34th Division’, ‘Green Leaves of Summer’, followed by medley from ‘Godspell’, ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’, the finale ‘Michelle’…” the uniforms were black and white…from a sheet music site “34th Division (March). By Keith P. Latey. Drum & Bugle Corps. Drum and Bugle 17. Score and set of parts. Composed 1952. Published by C.L. Barnhouse (CL.013-6049-00AR).” My high school drama teacher subsidized our field trips, a few trips to the ballet and opera and season’s tickets to the Royal Alex Theatre 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974; we saw approx. 40 plays including the 2 from the above repertoire, ‘Day by Day’ :-)

73-senators.jpg

IMG_0031enecaprincemen73.jpg

From September to April, our colour guard spent a lot of time together rehearsing for winter guard contests. In May we’d start our summer program and it was back to the drum major role for me. We rarely traveled far however I’m truly grateful that Mr. Petschke and the executive decided we go to DCI finals in 1975 as audience members. Thanks for this scan baja.

Quick question, where was the 1973 Festival of Brass held?

these guys had the cutest mascot.. the Golden Lions and them were quite good friends over the years.

1973 Nationals Program, Senators, Brampton Ontario

Program notes “…formed in 1966, disbanded in 1968, reformed under sponsorship of Brampton Recreation Department…1973 first year in Junior ‘C’…repertoire this year is ‘Somewhere They Can’t Find Me’, ‘34th Division’, ‘Green Leaves of Summer’, followed by medley from ‘Godspell’, ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’, the finale ‘Michelle’…” the uniforms were black and white…from a sheet music site “34th Division (March). By Keith P. Latey. Drum & Bugle Corps. Drum and Bugle 17. Score and set of parts. Composed 1952. Published by C.L. Barnhouse (CL.013-6049-00AR).” My high school drama teacher subsidized our field trips, a few trips to the ballet and opera and season’s tickets to the Royal Alex Theatre 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974; we saw approx. 40 plays including the 2 from the above repertoire, ‘Day by Day’ :-)

73-senators.jpg

these guys had the cutest mascot.. the Golden Lions and them were quite good friends over the years.

I agree...lots of good people in drum corps...I did a little bit of peeking at lunch...not sure if this is ok or not?...found this :)

http://et-ee.facebook.com/group.php?v=phot...4018&so=180

I'll look for Golden Lions pics in the new year. Have a wonderful holiday season!

The Super Sensitive parade drum first appears in the '64 catalog, about a year after the standard SS concert snare was introduced. It's possible that it came out during the 63 season, though, since both Ludwig and Slingerland would introduce product mid-flow.

BTW, here's the catalog page from that first year the marching version was available.

And what a bear those things were to keep the snare mechanisms working right! The successor, the Challenger was still 'challenging' it sure was better than the Super Sensitive strainer.....now that I think about it, what a perfect name!!