some old corps photos

Massed Retreat at International Invitational Johnsonburg Diplomats Johnsonburg, PA photo by Dom Bencivenga from the 19 July 1972 DCN from Duane C

MassedRetreatatInternationalInvitationalJDipsJohnsonburgPAphotobyDomBencivengafromthe19July1972DCNfromDuaneC.jpg

Muchachos photo by Moe Knox from the 19 July 1972 DCN from Duane C.

MuchachosphotobyMoeKnoxfromthe19July1972DCNfromDuaneC.jpg

Stardusters photo by Jane Boulen from the 19 July 1972 DCN from Duane C.

StardustersphotobyJaneBoulenfromthe19July1972DCNfromDuaneC.jpg

Are you sure this was the St Louis Armory? Looks a lot like the St Claire County courthouse in the center of Belleville near the fountain where West Main St becomes East Main Street(or vice versa). But it has been many years since I was stationed at Scott AFB...

No, I'm not sure. These photos were posted on Facebook (in the "Facebook Drum and Bugle Corps" group), and I included the captions that the poster, Dave Scott, included with each photo.

Still the most bad-a** uniform ever.

Amen! :worthy:

Emerald Cadets photo by Moe Knox from the 19 July 1972 DCN from Duane C.

EmeraldCadetsphotobyMoeKnoxfromthe19July1972DCNfromDuaneC.jpg

Check out the fog!

Hello everyone! I have been lurking here for a little while know and have been tickled at at the old pictures and conversations. I have recently started a Facebook page trying to connect with other people who have marched with The Eye Openers or Silver Spectrum out of Marshalltown, IA. I marched for 2-3 years and was in Denver, CO in 1977 to compete in DCI Championships. To this day, it is one of the few things that I remember from my childhood after the concussion and coma from the accident I was in. That is why this page has become so important to me.

This is the link to the page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eye-Openers-Silver-Spectrum/265422356825014

If you would take the time to like my page in hopes of getting in touch with others who have marched, I would appreciate it. Thank you all for the great pictures!

Dee

eyeopenersofiowa.png

Eye-Openers

OMG I don't know how I missed this but THANK YOU sooooo much!! This is the only picture that I have seen since all the pictures where supposively destroyed in a fire in Marshalltown, IA, most of which were taken by my Grandparents and the negatives loaned to the gentleman in charge. Thank you again!!!

Dee

OMG I don't know how I missed this but THANK YOU sooooo much!! This is the only picture that I have seen since all the pictures where supposively destroyed in a fire in Marshalltown, IA, most of which were taken by my Grandparents and the negatives loaned to the gentleman in charge. Thank you again!!!

Dee

Dee, You are very welcome.

I'll bet there are more Eye-Openers photos out there. I'll take a second look and no doubt so will everyone else that frequents this thread.

Tell us about your corps, I know nothing about them. The origin of the name, years fielded, music, etc.

Thanks

Edited by baja

• 2 weeks later...

From their FB; a photo of 1970 Cadets LaSalle, to the left is Scarborough Firefighters :) I always enjoyed being at the same contests as Cadets LaSalle, winter, spring or summer. They were one of my favourite corps in the early 70’s. Totally awesome music, soloists, drum line, guard and their performance level was always sky high.

1970-north-american-from-lasalle-fb.jpg

1971-72 Alberta All Girls on ice

a-0-71-433-flipped.jpg

I first met Mark Cardiff fall-to-spring 1976-77. He taught Alberta All Girls drum line 73-74. At our reunion in 2011, Mark said he also marched Anaheim Kingsmen 72 and 73 (his age out year) and Cadets LaSalle drum line years before. We had a wonderful chat about the past. At dinner, he said “I taught the girls LaSalles’ Street Beat, took a while but they ended up nailing it!” I said “Wow!” Debbie G, Wendy H and Janice H confirmed it ‘cause they were in AAG’s drum line and at the same dinner table :) I listened to 1971 Cadets LaSalle Street Beat on their web site and listened to the recording of AAG I took in 1977. They were the same with different flavours. Awesome! Thanks Mark :bigsmile: