some old corps photos

Your avatar has been different for about 3 or 4 days, I thought you had changed it!

It's back now, but still says the same things on the scores.

My computer at work is immediate with everything.  It also shows "bandwith reached" and I asked someone with verizon (or was it comcast)  to look, they can't see it either, it's just a box that cannot be opened...

hmmmm, very odd!

Nope, I didn't do anything to my avatar.....very odd indeed!

I'll go back and delete those two pages.

I'd nevber seen a pic before...SHARP!!  What was the color scheme (aside from the black, that is...I presume the head gear was silver)?

have teh "scrubbing bubble" helmets!

Black and off-white. No other colors (so they looked the same in black or white OR in color.... :P )

I always like the opposite color gauntlets (white on the black sleeve and vice versa). The amount of detail in the uni was what really made it. No doubt if someone was hired to 'update' the uni now, the piping would all be stripped off, since ornamentation is against the rules these days.... B)

Black and off-white. No other colors (so they looked the same in black or white OR in color.... :P  )

I always like the opposite color gauntlets (white on the black sleeve and vice versa). The amount of detail in the uni was what really made it. No doubt if someone was hired to 'update' the uni now,  the piping would all be stripped off, since ornamentation is against the rules these days.... B)

Always one of my favorite uniforms also!

I don't even want to THINK about what it would look like if it were"Cesario-ed"!!

BlackKnights74.jpg

Without a doubt, still the baddest uni ever designed. Belleville in 74.

Yup, whenever anyone asks about favorite uniforms, this is the one that always jumps to the front of the line, for me!

kingsmen_rifles73.jpg

Even while moving, perfect angles. Kingsmen in 73.

:blink:

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

I'd nevber seen a pic before...SHARP!!  What was the color scheme (aside from the black, that is...I presume the head gear was silver)?

Former Scout has a nice color picture on his website. I'll see if I can post it; it seems to me I've tried this before, and the photo disappears:

BK75.gif

If the photo doesn't appear, here's the link to his web page (which, by the way, has lots of great historical drum corps photos; click on the "Enter" link to get to the index): Drum Corps Memories

More great black-and-white photos; this uniform is featured in the 1974 section: Belleville Black Knights Scrapbook

Occasionally run in to him at area shows-If I see him at the Toledo show and Alumni reunion June 18 I'll pass along the message!!

Tell him Dave Devlin also says hi!!!! :)

Did Bellville update the uniform at all?  I saw them several times in the early 80s (at which time they were struggling to hold on) but I don't remember the white sleeve.  I always thought the uniform was solid black.

I believe they had new unis by the 80's cause I remember just an all black uni too for Belleville during that time.