some old corps photos

Here is one from the very first page of this thread! (page 1)

and another from page 13!

Question? Does anyone look at all the photos on the first couple hundred pages anymore, or just jump to the last few pages?

not to upset anyone or anything, but if no one is looking at this thread from the beginning anymore i can delete alot of those photos and clear alot of bandwidth!!

i am using three different user names on photobucket so i can keep all these photos here!

but there is no reason to to do that if no one looks from the beginning!

let me know people, so i know if i should leave them or delete them!!

Yeah....I hear ya.....as I'm having trouble right now with bandwidth. Fortunately it will reset next week. But like you said, if people aren't looking at those first few hundred pages, we can clear out a lot of pictures in our photobucket files.

Before you delete them, is there any way someone here on DCP can copy them over and archive them? Personally, I consider this entire thread a treasure trove. I'd hate to see any of these photos lost without first being saved in some permanent way. People both new and old to the activity have gotten so much enjoyment out of these photos, and it seems to me like they should be kept somehow so that more folks can see them.

Agree!!

There's SO mush history in this thread! It would be a shame to see it dissapear at the click of a mouse!

I know if I ever found a book with all of this in it-I would buy it, no question!

Mods-is there any way all of this can be saved? It's our history!! :blink:

Agree!!

There's SO mush history in this thread! It would be a shame to see it dissapear at the click of a mouse!

I know if I ever found a book with all of this in it-I would buy it, no question!

Mods-is there any way all of this can be saved? It's our history!! :blink:

Bob, it may take a while (3000 + pages) but I'm going to put them all on CDs. Like Sue said, this is like a treasure trove of history that we shouldn't toss away.

Bob, it may take a while (3000 + pages) but I'm going to put them all on CDs. Like Sue said, this is like a treasure trove of history that we shouldn't toss away.

Cool! :blink:

Let us all know if you're going to make it avaliable for purchase.( might make a great eBay item!) I'll be in line!!!

Edited by Bob Brady

I've e-mailed several of the mods to see if there's anything that can be done, archive-wise, here on DCP. Seems to me that since this is a drum corps site, one of its functions should be to serve as a permanent repository for this kind of stuff. That will set it apart from other websites whose historical sections, especially in terms of photos, seem to be somewhat limited.

Me too, Bob - Malibu has a great idea - hey Malibu - you oughta put all of this thread on a CD then "market" it on drum corps/music-related websites for sale - you could make a mint on this!

......I'll take a percentage, of course!

:P

Any chance this topic can be split up into sections - say 50 or 100 pages each? There is so much great stuff here that people have contributed. I keep looking every day to see more photos posted.

Good suggestion. This thread has grown so long that to look through it, you have to go through reams and reams of other photos, which you may have already seen, to review a section, say, in the middle of the thread.

Good suggestion. This thread has grown so long that to look through it, you have to go through reams and reams of other photos, which you may have already seen, to review a section, say, in the middle of the thread.

You CAN specify what page you want to go to-Click on the box that gives the total # of pages and a dialog box opens. type in what page you want. :)

Here is one from the very first page of this thread! (page 1)

and another from page 13!

Question? Does anyone look at all the photos on the first couple hundred pages anymore, or just jump to the last few pages?

not to upset anyone or anything, but if no one is looking at this thread from the beginning anymore i can delete alot of those photos and clear alot of bandwidth!!

i am using three different user names on photobucket so i can keep all these photos here!

but there is no reason to to do that if no one looks from the beginning!

let me know people, so i know if i should leave them or delete them!!

Is the problem that the same photo is being hosted by different people? If so then perhaps change the links to the latest source of the photo instead of deleting the entry altogether. I find that the messages that accompany the pictures are what really make this thread. A lot of the photos need explanations for those who weren't there.

If the problem is that the photos are hosted in one place but the link is being posted again later in this thread then it's not really a problem with bandwidth as people are going to download the photo (in order to see it) no matter where in the thread they encounter it. Am I explaining this clearly? :blink:

At any rate I agree with the sentiments of those who vote to preserve this thread. But then, I am an archivist.