some old corps photos

Hmm...I can see it.....very strange! Anyone else having problems seeing it?  :blink:

Your post has the little "Bandwidth exceeded" tag-Even your Avatar is blocked out! :(

Just curious Bob, are you using a cable modem, DSL or a dial up service?

Your avatar has been different for about 3 or 4 days, I thought you had changed it!

It's back now, but still says the same things on the scores.

My computer at work is immediate with everything. It also shows "bandwith reached" and I asked someone with verizon (or was it comcast) to look, they can't see it either, it's just a box that cannot be opened...

hmmmm, very odd!

Edited by LancerFi

Occasionally run in to him at area shows-If I see him at the Toledo show and Alumni reunion June 18 I'll pass along the message!!

Oh man, tell him Mike Braga says helo and to contact me. I would love to hear from him.

For Malibu:

I use a high speed cable modem(Adelphia) it's normally pretty zippy!

I still don't see your avatar-just the photobucket tag. everything else on the thread looks fine!

And to Mike Braga- I will!

There seems to be a bunch of the Toledo contingent that you guys haven't heard from!

Mark and Chris Mason own a large Billiards supply store( Mason's Billiards and Barstools-shameless plug for a member of the D.C. family!) in Toledo-Next time I'm nearby I'll stop in.

I ran in to Lou Best last fall (in a non Drum Corps capacity) but only got to talk to him for a second.

As for Andre'-When we put the Glassmen back together in 79, He was our Gaurd and rifle instructor-always tried to model those girls after those KILLER Kingsmen rifle lines!

Eddie Turner came here with him and taught M&M. He later went to the Bluecoats.

Anybody ever hear from Him? If so-tell him I said Hello!!(I mentioned Eddie in the "nicknames" thread) :)

Edited by Bob Brady

Since I've been a slacker, and haven't gotten around to pulling down the old DCI yearbooks, here are a few choice shots from the 74 and 75 books, of corps (or at least, uniforms) since gone...

SCV73BottleDance.jpg

SCV - the first year performing the Bottle Dance

Retreat73.jpg

Retreats. We all used to do these.... :P

BlackKnights74.jpg

Without a doubt, still the baddest uni ever designed. Belleville in 74.

BlueStars73.jpg

The Blue Stars in 73.

Cavies74.jpg

The Green Machine in 74. Average age in the corps was supposed to be 14 or 15, though they looked a lot older than I did when we lined up next to them in retreat. Chrome TDR's. Mmmmmmm.

BDTymps74.jpg

More chrome, this time from the 74 BD tymp line.

Edited by mobrien

DPVanguard73.jpg

The OTHER Vanguard (Des Plaines). This was a year or two before I started marching, but I'm guessing WSS in 73?

kilts74.jpg

Kilts snare line in 74. New unis and yellow Vistalite snares. I didn't realize, until looking at some recaps awhile ago, how close to the top they were during most of that season.

kingsmen_rifles73.jpg

Even while moving, perfect angles. Kingsmen in 73.

muchachos_snares_74.jpg

Muchachos in 74. Trying to remember - did they march the dark red Vistalite snares?

PRsnares74.jpg

Phantom in their first year as finalists (and the last year for the old unis)

purplelancers74.jpg

A DCI one-hit wonder - the 74 Auburn Purple Lancers (great opener, btw - why aren't more corps looking at Mcbeth's music?)

BlackKnights74.jpg

Without a doubt, still the baddest uni ever designed. Belleville in 74.

I'd nevber seen a pic before...SHARP!! What was the color scheme (aside from the black, that is...I presume the head gear was silver)?

And the Regiment pic...I'd forgotton that they didn;t always have teh "scrubbing bubble" helmets!