Having known and talked to both jaminben and Fran I can see both sides. Ben is kind of like me and would get a good laugh from hearing the old stuff. Especially stuff directed toward us. But Fran is worried about Suns rep and that worry is compounded because Sun is trying to rebuild the corps. The last thing they need is to look bad in anyones eyes. Having been in a rebuilding corps I could just image what "Uncle Larry" (Hershman) would be saying if this was going on in the mid 70s. Excuse me, I can just image what Uncle Larry would be screaming.... :worthy:

Correct me if I'm wrong guys....

And watch it Ben, you marched with Frans wife  ^0^

I agree with you Jim, I'm the same way. I enjoy a really good laugh, but I can certainly understand Fran and the rest of the Sunrisers wanting to maintian the class that everyone sees. Who knows, maybe in the future, there could be songs posted that do not refer to any corps. Those are great to listen to also!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just hilarious!  What a bunch of stuck in the muds! hahaha!

Ok Chumely, since your mind STILL remembers all the songs and words (Amazing to "us ex-Lewistowners" ya know we're slow) what was the song the drumline used to sing to a cadence beat...

we had one that was "rubba dicka, rubba dicka, I gotta a bigga dicka" b**bs etc. but, what was the other one?

• 1 month later...
I am Jimmy Russo,

The Lord God of Hawthorne,

I march with my d___ in my hand...

We're greasy and slimy,

Our thumbs up our hineys,

We sound like a big f_____ing band.

That's all I can remember of that one.

Aw, Mon! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!! :lolhit:

(and it's "our hands up our hineys...") :P

Edited by 80's Westshore Gal

Hello, Chumley! OK.... I'll bite.

I figure you opened the floor for this topic and people should either join in or move on. I couldn't believe the debate I read up there! And, yes, at first, I was afraid to type some of the lurid lyrics I recalled from my <ah-hem> days of innocence! The Animal Bus single-handedly corrupted me, and I am forever grateful to you, Bowser, Bolling, and the likes.... but here is one I'm quite certain I did not see in all my scrolling:

From 81, I believe.....Sung to the tune of "Baby Face":

Hurricanes.... you are the cutest little Hurricanes

And when Pepe makes the hornline blow.... who would know..

If it's a corps that's starting, if it's a cow that's farting

Hurricanes..... your corps has all the flair of dirty green underwear (wear-wear)

You are the corps that's NOT, you are the corps that OUGHT to be

back in Sheldon, blow on Pepe's melon,

the Connecticut Hurricaaaaaanes.

Mutts-f**king mutts, you-are-the-f**king-mutts

Oh, and Barnacle Bill was my all-time favorite....

"open the door you sleazy whore, said Barnacle Bill the Sailor"

"Forget the dance, and down with your pants, said Barnacle Bill the Sailor"

There's simply too many lines for me to reply to at this late hour!

Good seeing you on the forum, Chumley- - - -and, speaking of Frank Magel :worthy: Whatever happened to him? Last time I talked to him was around 1994, I think!

Edited by 80's Westshore Gal

Frank was with the Alumni corps the last two "seasons" as I got a few chances to talk with him for the first time in 20 years.

LOL, about the Hurrcs and Cabs songs as two of us sang them before one of the Lancers Fourth of July parades. (Well I did the few lines I remembered.) We sang it to a former Pittsburgh Rocket who then sang you of their songs about Archer-Epler. Of course I had to floor everyone by doing one of Westshores Hanover songs (H is for the headache...). Singing a nasty song about a corps while wearing that corps uniform. :worthy:

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

OH MY FREAKIN' GAWD!

Hello Beth! great to hear from you! (btw..there's a whole Westshore thread in here..go read that! may take a day or two...)

Hope you are well, things here are great!

Yes, this thread got sort of passed over...people didn't take it for it's intended reason, a few people made a bigger deal than it really was, so it sort of died...

Frank? haven't seen hide nor hair since we last marched. I'm sure he's the CEO of a company (out of hand people like him always seem to get somewhere in life! hahaha!)

Anyway, shoot me an email and we can catch up (rather than bore everyone in here with our details! hahaha!)

I'm at jaminbenb@aol.com put something I'll know in the subject lest I think it's spam! (spam spam spam spam....)

Hello, Chumley!  OK.... I'll bite.

I figure you opened the floor for this topic and people should either join in or move on.  I couldn't believe the debate I read up there!  And, yes, at first, I was afraid to type some of the lurid lyrics I recalled from my <ah-hem> days of innocence!  The Animal Bus single-handedly corrupted me, and I am forever grateful to you, Bowser, Bolling, and the likes.... but here is one I'm quite certain I did not see in all my scrolling:

From 81, I believe.....Sung to the tune of "Baby Face":

Hurricanes.... you are the cutest little Hurricanes

And when Pepe makes the hornline blow.... who would know..

If it's a corps that's starting, if it's a cow that's farting

Hurricanes..... your corps has all the flair of dirty green underwear (wear-wear)

(I can't remember this one line)

You should be back in Sheldon, blow on Pepe's melon,

the Connecticut Hurricaaaaaanes.

Mutt-f**king mutts, you-are-the-f**king-mutts

Oh, and Barnacle Bill was my all-time favorite....

"open the door you sleazy whore, said Barnacle Bill the Sailor"

"Forget the dance, and down with your pants, said Barnacle Bill the Sailor"

There's simply too many lines for me to reply to at this late hour!

Good seeing you on the forum, Chumley- - - -and, speaking of Frank Magel  :worthy:  Whatever happened to him?  Last time I talked to him was around 1994, I think!

OH MY FREAKIN' GAWD!

Hello Beth!  great to hear from you! (btw..there's a whole Westshore thread in here..go read that! may take a day or two...)

Hope you are well, things here are great!

Yes, this thread got sort of passed over...people didn't take it for it's intended reason, a few people made a bigger deal than it really was, so it sort of died...

Frank?  haven't seen hide nor hair since we last marched. I'm sure he's the CEO of a company (out of hand people like him always seem to get somewhere in life! hahaha!)

Anyway, shoot me an email and we can catch up (rather than bore everyone in here with our details! hahaha!)

I'm at jaminbenb@aol.com put something I'll know in the subject lest I think it's spam! (spam spam spam spam....)

"i got drugs in my pocket" .....what's the rest ?!?!?!?!?

"i got drugs in my pocket" .....what's the rest ?!?!?!?!?

late 70s version was "....I'm Allentown bound" (when DCA was there)

Eddie Katrinic(sp!!!!) would play it on the bells as part of the drum cadence as we would leave the practice field. Think Redbeard (what the heck was his name) and Brother Dave would do the words.

Tune to old Lynyrd Skynyrd song "Mississippi Kid" - from their first album. #### near fell outta my chair when I recognized Skynyrds version as what Eddie played.

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite hurricane back of the bus song !!!!

Aye Aye yi yi #### you Caballeros

you eat it ,you beat ,you really mistreat it

#### you ... Caballeros

Jim Russo you suck and so does you drumline

Your hornline will #### up on the 25 yrd line

Aye aye yi yi #### you Caballeros

Now its all about us so get back in your bus :lolhit: :mmm:

Red Beard? Greg Lutz of course!

I think when I first got it, it was ...

I got my drugs in my pocket and I'm

Headin' for Hershey PA

Headin' for Hershey PA

Headin' to win DCA....

Or something to that affect ...The first time I remember it Greg and Mike Bordinski were singing it with Eddie's accompaniment.

late 70s version was "....I'm Allentown bound" (when DCA was there)

Eddie Katrinic(sp!!!!) would play it on the bells as part of the drum cadence as we would leave the practice field. Think Redbeard (what the heck was his name) and Brother Dave would do the words.

Tune to old Lynyrd Skynyrd song "Mississippi Kid" - from their first album. #### near fell outta my chair when I recognized Skynyrds version as what Eddie played.