Biggest messups in DCI history?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few come to mind. 98 DATR Crossmen Contra falls near the front sideline marching backwards towards side 1, takes a spill. So do the 5 or 6 horns marching in front of him not knowing what's coming. Scary to watch. Like a car accident.

83. Ankeny, Iowa. Tornado warnings stop the show and sirens go off during Troopers show. PA announcer screaming at the Troopers to stop the show. Troopers finish their show with the stands pretty much empty and everybody headed into a school at the show site. Remember young girls from California screaming and crying not knowing what to expect. Also remember strong winds must have blown 1/4 of the corps hats off during their"performance".

78. 27th during Gaite Parisienne on LP's you can hear soprano come in a count early all by his lonesome I believe after some type of drum break. I'm doing this one from memory. I'm not breaking out the LP or turntable to confirm this.

05. Indy day show. Blue Knights also lined upon the wrong set of hashmarks just before the start of the show. Side 2 trying to correct themselves as the first counts of the show had already started and they are in the process of bending down with their horns. BK director confirmed this one with me. And folks were wondering why the big change in scores from between that show, the night show and Columbus.

The first one that comes to my mind is 2000 Cavaliers. A guard member drops his rifle a round 7:50 into the show, the guard guy infront of him backing up misses him and he gets out of the way before a horn player marches back into him.

Other one is either 95 or 96 MS, it looks like one of the guard guys hits a horn player with his flag/rifle, the horn player flinches for a second.

yeah the 04 bd tenor is legit jstu went and watched that one on the percussion cam on the dvd. kudos to him a very smooth slide on the knees to avoid taking out the tenors and the basses.

can't believe i missed that...guess i was too amazed by how they left the field at finals.

LOL!!!!! I missed that too until only about 2 months ago. I love watching the high cam and it's visible there too but all this time I never caught it. When I first saw it, I thought I was seeing things. I just could not believe it until I backed it up and watched it 2 more times. :P

Felt bad for the guy but as you stated he did have a #### good recovery. ^OO^

Comment on (bmvztx) Hey I remember that one it was in 95.. I was like dang that must have stung a little bit... But I seen this one live in 91 a mellophone player from Star of Indiana landing flat on his face while the rest of the corps was moving 100 mph... But he pop right back up before he could cause a major pile up and was back in his spot with a dazed look on his face...