Biggest messups in DCI history?

(Did someone say blue devils 89?)

:worthy:  :worthy:  :angry:  :angry:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

OK...in the Legacy DVD from 89, there's the "frack" in all its frackin' glory, right?

But in the audio - from DCI Season Pass - it's not there. In fact, seems the guy nails it, and beautifully!

Is the audio from Prelims or semis or whatever the heck they were called in 89?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...in the Legacy DVD from 89, there's the "frack" in all its frackin' glory, right?

But in the audio - from DCI Season Pass - it's not there. In fact, seems the guy nails it, and beautifully!

Is the audio from Prelims or semis or whatever the heck they were called in 89?

Yeah....the CD recording is semis

Doesn't that tend to be a mindset of BD? When ever something strange out of place etc happens it tends to energize the corps.

Yeap.

It was pounded into us religiously to focus on the show no matter what. If something happens, tick, tornado, whatever, concentrate on the show.

We had one staffer who pounded into our heads "challenge the judge to tick you...dare him to tick you". Kind of the adversity factor. Try to make us stop......

I remember the Canadian show when it started raining in the middle of the show there was this inexplicable energy that seemed to come out during the last part of the show.

That's right! I forgot about that. Started pouring during our performance and our performance level went into over drive. We had been warned before hand....unless the staff is running *ON* the field waving us off, nothing else will stop the show. Don't stop for anything or anybody, even if the stands empty out. So, we took the ball and ran with it.

Or, after the fire and the Rosemont show (when the drummers used VK's drums -- turquoise with fluorescent orange).

That was quite an emotional time for the corps. At that point in time, we had no idea if our tour had ended or not. We literally did not know if that was our last performance. Think about having to deal with that!

I think the ultimate challenge for a Blue Devils corps during a performance was the 1999 Blue Devils when the lights went out in the middle of their performance....at the first show of the year. Complete darkness and the corps kept going like it was nothing....that was something to see....

Edited by bd5times

Yeap.

I think the ultimate challenge for a Blue Devils corps during a performance was the 1999 Blue Devils when the lights went out in the middle of their performance....at the first show of the year.  Complete darkness and the corps kept going like it was nothing....that was something to see....

Complete darkness and the corps kept going like it was nothing....that was something to see.... :worthy: lol

Complete darkness and the corps kept going like it was nothing....that was something to see.... huh.gif lol

Thank you, thank you :worthy:

That was my Yogi Bera moment.

It was 2001 I think at the BD home show and a girl in the Mandarins Guard had her top fall down exposing her breasts during a company front halt thing.  She held it there for a good 15 seconds and I couldn't believe what I saw but then she went on with the show and her next throw she NAILED IT!

That was the best recovery from an embarrassing slip up I have ever seen!

:worthy:

postpics.gif

I know its been said before, but I felt so bad for that contra player in the Cadets 02 show.

What exactly happened here? I've watched the video but didn't see this.

The merger between the 507 Hornets and the Keystone Regiment...look what that got us. Jesus Christ. :worthy::worthy::angry:-

:feednotroll:

Don't know who this idiot is. but every post he's made since joining this morning has been some derogatory remark at the Crossmen(musta got booted!)

IGNORE HIM!!!

Edited by Bob Brady

<statement of questionable intelligence>

So, how's the view down there in that hole you've dug yourself into?

Hope you've enjoyed your time on DCP. Say hi to the other people on the banned list when you wind up there.

:feednotroll:

Edited by Galen