Hershey Spectaculat cancelled

Wow...what a shame. I enjoyed Hershey a lot last year and I was looking forward to going back again this year. I'd like to see if HERCO has a response to all of this.

Herco's response will be that they moved Destiny's Child to another venue and offered 5 star a contract for that night and that it was 5 star who decided NOT to sign the contract and untimately, it was 5 star who canceled the show.

I have to say, while I fully agree that Herco pretty much gave 5 star no other choice, it WAS 5 star's decision to cancel.

All in all, it sucks!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOUYCOT TIME <**> If there's Chocolate in it, on it, or anywhere near it..........you can bet your sweet ###, or un-sweetned ###......that Hershey is making a Buck..............Time to switch to BEER ^0^ ........HUH?....Oh yea..........already done that...............NEVERMIND B)

Herco's response will be that they moved Destiny's Child to another venue and offered 5 star a contract for that night and that it was 5 star who decided NOT to sign the contract and untimately, it was 5 star who canceled the show.

I have to say, while I fully agree that Herco pretty much gave 5 star no other choice, it WAS 5 star's decision to cancel.

All in all, it sucks!

They had agreed on a price and then they doubled the price. Herco changed the parameters of the deal, not 5 star.

:( That sucks!

I have great memories of Hershey. I use to go annually to a "hair show" there with my parents (mom was a hairdresser). Hum wonder if they still have it? Then I did Cavalcade Championships there in high school. Lastly I marched there with Crossmen. I have some great pictures with my friends who came to see me - since it was there, Allentown or West Chester and Hershey is the closest to home. Oh wonderful the memories…

My senior year in college I actually did a management analysis of the Hershey Corporation and admired what I learned from how Milton Hershey built the company through the depression. Milton Hershey actually built the Hershey Hotel (gorgeous hotel btw) using employees he would have otherwise needed to layoff from the factory. Maybe I can find the paper and send that bit of history in. Learn from your past!

My senior year in college I actually did a management analysis of the Hershey Corporation and admired what I learned from how Milton Hershey built the company through the depression. Milton Hershey actually built the Hershey Hotel (gorgeous hotel btw) using employees he would have otherwise needed to layoff from the factory. Maybe I can find the paper and send that bit of history in. Learn from your past!

Stadium and Arena also built during the Depression to give jobs to people and good things to the workers and community. Hershey Park and Orphans school came earlier but also built for peoples benefit. Like I said earlier Milton S has to be spinning in his grave.

They had agreed on a price and then they doubled the price. Herco changed the parameters of the deal, not 5 star.

And you can be #### sure HERCO will neglect to mention the change in price when they release a statement to the press. Typical CYA (Cover Your ###). Hope Larry and companies ready to hit the media again to bring up that point.

Time for HERCO letter after I calm down.....

BOUYCOT TIME <**>  If there's Chocolate in it, on it, or anywhere near it..........you can bet your sweet ###, or un-sweetned ###......that Hershey is making a Buck..............Time to switch to BEER ^0^ ........HUH?....Oh yea..........already done that...............NEVERMIND B)

Ummm.... Mars/M&M, Nestle, Lindt, and Dove come to mind without any research as being so NOT HERSHEY.

As I said in the other thread saying this, it is just so sad! 13.gif13.gif13.gif13.gif13.gif13.gif13.gif

Five STar expected SOME increase...rent hadn';t changed in 20 years. not well over 100% increase.

HERCO knew what they were doing all along.....they were ###### they got bad PR.

now they're gonna get worse

And you can be #### sure HERCO will neglect to mention the change in price when they release a statement to the press. Typical CYA (Cover Your ###). Hope Larry and companies ready to hit the media again to bring up that point.

Time for HERCO letter after I calm down.....

see my drum corps world article being drastically altered.

sent to HERCO and the Hershey Trust:

Hello,

I am writing to let you know how very disgusted I am with your company. I have attended every Hershey Spectacular since 1969...the year I was born. I attended the injunction hearing, and I was appalled to hear VP Matthew Ford admit on the stand that you broke your own written contracts by selling and printing tickets....not just for the drum and bugle corps competition, but also for events like the Big 33.

Seeing how your attorneys stated publicly they would negotiate in faith in the newspapers, and seeing now that they wanted to increase the costs to ridiculous levels show me that I had the Hershey Entertainment and Resorts pegged correctly all along...you care about the money.

You should feel lucky the full truth did not come out in the Patriot News about how your company operates. You should Also know that I plan to let the Patriot News readers know what their reporter left out, as well as numerous Drum and Bugle corps outlets such as Drum Corps World, Drum Corps Planet and others.

Drum and Bugle corps has a 60 year old history in your venue, attended by thousands of people from all over the world. Generations of families have been there for this show. I myself grew up watching my father perform there, and in turn he got to see me do the same. Now we'll probably never get to see the next generation go on.

For years I defended HERCO....because of your goals and how you help the Hershey Trust. No longer. Now, I will never recommend your attractions or products to anyone.

Finally...you have now left 1000's of performers stranded on a date they planned on performing in front of a large crowd. These men and women....of all ages, 13 to 70 will not get that chance to perform at a show respected around the world. Youth, adults and even the United States Marine Drum and Bugle Corps....The Commandant's Own.....will lose out on a chance to make magic on a field so much magic has been made on.

Shame on your company. I hope you can all sleep at night. I won't be, because a family tradition has been ruined by your greed and lust for revenge for being sued.

Jeff Ream