Keep the Amps out of drum corps, part dos

Please just give up on trying to get rid of amps. Flame me all you want, it's just getting a bit ridiculous...

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those things you can report to an ISP about? I know it's dumb, but it doesn't seem to be the type of thing an ISP would be monitoring or penalizing someone for, as sophomoric as it is.

Mike

Having been in the business, no. It has to be something related to spamming or the such to get their attention. For example, if someone found a way to add about 500 bogus signatures via a spamming technique, then maybe there would be cause for concern. In this case, it's just people thinking they are being funny.

I've read enough posts on this subject as well as weighing in myself and this is a subject that really gets on people's nerves either way. This subject is becoming more of a Roe vs. Wade argument the more I read. There is definitely a strong line between pro-amps and anti-amps.

Me, I'm just a traditionalist. I don't like 'em, but I'm not gonna get all hot and bothered over it either. I know in some other posts I have said I won't go to shows because of it, but the more I read the more curiouser (is that a word?) I get. I've only had a small sampling, so Foxboro may be the place to get a larger sampling. I'm gonna try to be open minded about this but singing and narrating? I don't know.

2 points.

Why is it assumed that fake signatures come from pro-amp people? Many people are stupid or immature without having any particular cause.

And we need to remember there are "pro-amp people". "anti-amp people" and "I don't really care about amp people". I don't particularly care for what I've heard come out of amps, but that doesn't mean I want to outlaw them.

Thanks for the advice, but umm....no !

~G~

My thoughts exactly! :)

the troll has reached new levels, by disrespecting great drum corps legends who have passed away.

i hope you are really proud of yourself.

maybe amps wont go away. but remember, when you're in need, if no one is there, you reaped what you sowed you disgusting ########.

I'd think that it would be obvious that people signing multiple times would jeopardize the validity of the petition.

Oh, I agree on that...I just don't see how an ISP has any right to stop a person from being stupid, unless what they are doing is illegal.

And DON'T get any ideas. <_<

Hhmmmmm....he thought, wandering over to the pettion..juuuust looking around... :worthy:

:P

Mike

oh good, no dead people disrespected today.

keep signing