Keep the Amps out of drum corps, part dos

They did ask others selling anti-amp shirts to leave, but not me.  I think this shows how I conducted myself and that the vast majority of the people did not feel harrassed, assaulted or even interrupted.

Of course, it may have been due to the presence of your...er...assistants Vinnie "No Amps" Gavone and Joey "Tone Deaf" Parmesano.

:P

Mike

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that this discussion has gone on as long as it has is absolutely ridonkulous. I don't see the problem in just allowing naysayers to have their naysay. Instead, they're like liberal protestors by damning those who refuse to sign the petition or see it their way.

and the right-wing is perfect???? HAHAHAHAHA :P

Oh dear Lord, I incorporated real-world politics into this without intending to. I was just talking about the leftist hippies who go to things like the G8 and protest. Or those who have already formed hate groups to strike down ANY nomination for the Supreme Court. Yeah, those hoi polloi.

The fact that this discussion has gone on as long as it has is absolutely ridonkulous.  I don't see the problem in just allowing naysayers to have their naysay.  Instead, they're like liberal protestors by damning those who refuse to sign the petition or see it their way.

We have done no such thing.

No, what's "ridonkulous" is the people who would rather post fake signatures than getting off their butts and, oh, I don't know, starting their OWN bloody petition instead.

I did not resort to name calling, as you did.  I did not resort to yelling at people, as you did to me.  I was the only one collecting signatures in Denver and I interupted no one.  Anyone who didn't want to sign was politely greeted with "enjoy the show."  Anyone who said, "what if I like amps?"  I responded politely with "then don't sign and enjoy the show."  This was all done in public with all kinds of people witnessing.  When I yelled to corps, I yelled compliments, i.e. "Unplug them, you're great without them."  What's wrong with telling them that they are great even without amps?  As you point out, I yelled before corps, NOT during their performance, unlike many others calling for their sons, daughters, girlfriends and boyfriends, etc.  Did they ruin your experience?  I don't see you posting about that.  If you are going to make accusations about me, and we know that is what you are doing, then tell the truth.  I know what integrity I brought while collecting signatures.  Did I yell at you?  No.  Did I call you names?  No.  Do you remember what I said to you as you berated me and called me names?  I do, and there were several witnesses.  I said in a calm, polite voice, "you are entitled to your opinion."  I don't see you admitting that you did the berating and the name calling here.  Willing to confess the truth?

First off I am big enough to admit that I approached you and was very upset but that's because you had already done the yelling to the students on the field which I will stand up for faster then anything. So don't say you didn't yell at anyone you yelled at an entire stadium. I honestly don't remember you saying the part of your great without them but I could be wrong. Yes sometimes people yelling out names and things do ruin my experience mostly when they are done after the corps is set up and ready which is (if I remember correctly and I could be wrong again that was alomost a year ago) when you yelled your comment. I was so close to not even posting in this thread and probably shouldn't have, this will probably be my last post in this thread, I almost didn't post this one but I am big enough to admit to what I do.

Here you go, something concrete, from a kid who has been in BAC's pit a few years.

Hey, thanks for responding! You've just pointed out a glaring error on my part...I wish I hadn't committed the error, but oh well.

The most important part of that member's comments is the part that says he is not a fan of amplified voice...

I'm sure someone will love to comment that I'm backtracking here, in their opinion...

Nonetheless, I'll phrase the question the way I should have in the first place...

In a year's time, I have yet to see a concrete argument given for the amplification of the human voice.

Your quote doesn't support it...nothing anyone has ever said on this forum supports it.

Again, thanks for making me realize that I wasn't specific enough about my claim.

It'll help remind me to not commit the same error again.