I want to talk about Jester.

Congratulations Jester for a great season. Let's hear it for another one and many many more. :)

Team Evil did stick around the sidelines and watch Jester perform their little hearts out Saturday night. Thank you for a good show. We applaud you.

I watched the guard the entire time. They are using flag poles that are bigger than ours! Those were six and a half foot poles. Even their silks are longer. Maybe the staff might have thought that the bigger the equipment, the bigger the guard will appear on the field? Wow... they handled it well though.

As we were getting ready for retreat, I was standing with our DM's and the other guard captain Deb. I met Jester's DM and GC. I forget their names already, I'm so sorry. They send their appreciation and a heartfelt thank you to the Renegades for supporting them as they were coming off the field.

A lot of people seem to forget that not too long ago. 7 years in fact. That the Renegades began the same way. With 7 people and a ham sandwich. We didn't back down or quit. What you see today is hard work and dedication from every single one of us.

We love Jester! Keep up the good work. It will pay off!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Renegades for your support of Jester. I am sure they are a fine corps, even if they are small. And for anyone not to appreciate that these performers put all their time and effort into the rehearsals and performances, well what a shame. It is a shame you couldn't have been in Dubuque Iowa for the Colts home show. When the Racine Scouts finished their performance, I noticed I was the only one giving them a standing ovation. Most people were barely clapping. And while they only have 30 members(only 22 marching members- 1 DM and 7 honorary auxilary(please correct me if I am calling this by the wrong name)) and a young group at that, they put on a nice show.

Just remember, a little positive support can go a long ways, and maybe with a little more encouragement from the audience, the next time they perform they might just blow your socks off. Or with some of the majorly nasty comments made, it could hurt some feelings, or worse, destroy the love some of these performers have for corps and performing.

Best of luck to Jester, and all the other smaller corps performing out there. There are those of us that do love your shows.

Saw Jesters show from the sidelines on Sat.

Color guard - competent, confident. Gave me the impression the group started as a winter guard and is building into a drum corps.

Hornline - I beleive that the horn book may have been a little over thier heads, but there were many times during the show when it all clicked. Beautiful moments equal to that of the big guys.

Drums - As a horn player not really qualified, but nothing that made me wince.

Over all a gallant effort, a show performed with heart.

Am more then proud to make Jester the newest member of my favorite corps of all time list.

Keep it up, guys.

And most important of all, REMEMBER all of this. It will last you a lifetime.

Cant wait for Jester 2006.

When the Racine Scouts finished their performance, I noticed I was the only one giving them a standing ovation. Most people were barely clapping. And while they only have 30 members(only 22 marching members- 1 DM and 7 honorary auxilary(please correct me if I am calling this by the wrong name)) and a young group at that, they put on a nice show.

ll the other smaller corps performing out there. There are those of us that do love your shows.

And the individual talent level in the small corps often includes people who have good careers ahead of them, both in drum corps and in other musical fields. I marched with a little corps in northern Illinois that usually maxed out late season in the mid 50s. I remember very well the sense of "ah well, no one's really watching us", which wasn't exactly a great feeling, but what are ya gonna do.

The little corps folded after a few years, and the members scattered to wherever. Yet within that group of 50 kids, at least 12 of us went on to be soloists, section leaders, and/or staff members with DCI corps - and it's not like we all of a sudden figured out how to be talented on walking in the doors for the first DCI level camps.... :P

In short, give it up for the small corps - they ARE the future of the activity.

In short, give it up for the small corps - they ARE the future of the activity.

ahhh I agree.

~>conner

When I first got involved with drum corps in 1984, the Mandarins just returned to competition after two inactive years (they still had membership and did standstills and parades). In their first competitive show, they scored a 17.4 (or 17.2). Let me repeat that - THE MANDARINS SCORED A 17!!!!! In 1986, they returned to DCI in Madison and came in 10th. In 1987, they won the DCI A-60 Championship (now Div III), and they've won 7 more Div II & III titles thru 2001.

What I'm trying to say is that I seriously hope people don't actually believe one season can make or break a drum corps. Give Jester a few more years to gain experience, learn from its peers, and build its membership and support. I'm sure they'll be just fine.

Ok, so I am not Dugada but since he was already logged on....

I marched in the Anaheim Kingsmen in 1983. I think we had about 20 horns, 15 guard members and several drummers. Our goal was to make top 25 at DCI. It was a tough summer but we all had each other and the drive to make it happen. In the end, we missed our goal by two or three places but we all took pride in the fact that we never gave up. We were young, hard and driven. When I went to the Blue Devils two years later, nothing was going to stop me from achieving my goals of being in the colorguard and winning a national championship. That attitude I picked up in 83 has carried me on to many personal successes.

That summer was the best summer of my life.

To the folks who are Jester, remember to appreciate the journey. Far to often we focus on the end of our tasks when the real joy is in the getting there.

Debra Peterson (aka Debada)

Renegades Guard Captain 05 (With Kanika of course!!!)

Reneguard 04

Blue Devils 1985-87

1986 World Champion Corps and Colorguard

Anaheim Kingsmen 1983