I want to talk about Jester.

Well, get the REAL one up, ######!!!!

I was thinking a capital J would be difficult to do...a lower case one would be easier to do and see...

I don't know that such a picture exists. I was supposed to take the picture with my camera phone, but there was this huge track between the stands and the corps, and I didn't want to be the only person running to the corps while the show was still going on. By the time I moved towards the corps, the "J" was over.

Of course, me karate-fighting with security during the end of the show right in front of the crowd might have bumped our GE score up even more than it has been lately, so maybe I should have. :huh:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm....I'll ask Dave Shaafsma if he shot video of the performance...I know he shot Dream (or rather, someone with his camera, since he was in our contra line) and RCR...maybe you can get a screenshot...it'll all be high camera, tho...depends on how much light the plates shot back...

Okay, I read Lees blog. I mean... here we are, all saying that we are gold for Jester, and it never occured to me that someone from the corps would read this thread.

Hearing those kids replies to Renegades, seriously... brought tears to my eyes. You GO JESTER!!!!

For Jester kids who may read this.

I thought you might like to hear a little about another small corps from a long time ago. They were called the Thunderbirds and they didn't know it at the time but they had a good friend in the form of the mighty Caballeros and maybe the Skyliners too. It was the early 1960's and they never won a competition but they marched with all their hearts and formed lifelong friendships that continue to this day. One of them became the director of the Skyliners Alumni corps. One is in the Drum Corps Hall of Fame and the Bugler's Hall of Fame. He is also a well known and respected instructor/arranger for a hot division 2 corps. Another is a visual tech for a major Sr. corps. One became the first and only ever Female Drum Major of a major SR. Corps. Some are judges and our Drill instructor is still active in Alumni Corps at the ripe young age of 81. So hang in there Jester. Drum Corps will give back much more than you put into it. I know because I have been so happy to read your letters to Lee Rudnicki. It's my reward for loving Drum Corps. I am honored to see you perform and look forward to more. Sorry if this is a little off-topic.

Dan

What a science project we made that into... "Hey, put the line on the top!... No we dont need it! Yes we do!"

The Renegades will be in camp this weekend at the world famous Mars, home of the Concord Blue Devils. It's going to be a tough weekend but I have the thoughts of a few kids from Arizona to carry me through the weekend. I have read post after post and can't help but feel good. The last couple shows have not been stellar for me and I was starting to question why I was subjecting this old body to yet another weekend of heat and exhaustion. Thank you Jester for helping me remember why I love Drum Corps.

Funny thing happened at work, I was retelling the Jester story and one of my managers said, "Oh, a group like the Blue Devils?" I said yes (with the excitement we all get when we realize the other person actually knows what we are talking about He told me his wife was in the Blue Devils. I found out today I marched with her in 85 and 86. :) Small world

Debra Peterson (aka Debada)

Renegades Guard Captain 05 (With Kanika of course!!!)

Reneguard 04

Blue Devils 1985-87

1986 World Champion Corps and Colorguard

Anaheim Kingsmen 1983

I found out today I marched with her in 85 and 86. smile.gif Small world

Who's that?

Another small world story is Kimela interviewing for a job, with one of the interviewers being my sister. My sister asked about the Renegades reference on the resume and commented she knew of them.

When Kim asked how she knew..."I marched in Blue Devils".........and so did Kim....

Who's that?

Another small world story is Kimela interviewing for a job, with one of the interviewers being my sister.  My sister asked about the Renegades reference on the resume and commented she knew of them. 

When Kim asked how she knew..."I marched in Blue Devils".........and so did Kim....

Awright....where's Rod Serling??

doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo..................