I want to talk about Jester.

It's a shame they did not have any souvies.  Their would have been a mysterious sellout of Jester shirts on Saturday if they did!  Jesterday only comes once a year. :)

Dang , I was going to check on line.

Has Junior corps gotten to a point where a corps has to hit a certain level before some people think it should be allowed on the field. <**> and again <**>

Never saw a small corps that didn't entertain me in spite of low numbers or talent level. Then it might be my background as my very first competition set a DCA record.....

For lowest score ever recorded - 37.35.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Lee, every time I want to not like you, you come out with posts like these! You and your Renegades organization are a class act from top to bottom. My hats off to you, and on behalf of the Cheshire Cadets (DCUK) all the best for Jester.

Dang , I was going to check on line.

Has Junior corps gotten to a point where a corps has to hit a certain level before some people think it should be allowed on the field.  <**> and again  <**>

Never saw a small corps that didn't entertain me in spite of low numbers or talent level. Then it might be my background as my very first competition set a DCA record.....

For lowest score ever recorded - 37.35.

Right there with ya Jim.

1979- The first year back on the field for the Glassmen after several years of inactivity.

We were bad.......REALLY BAD!!

the corps was small 40-50 members, with only 4-5 people in the hornline who has any clue what a drum corps was.

First outing,we scored in the high teens.

We never had a complete drill until our very last show of the year,when we scored a 45 for our top score of the year.

Of course the corps grew from that season and are what they are today.

But after going through that season after marching in top 15 corps for several years,I've never knocked the "Little Corps" and try to support them as much as possible-you never know when they might be kicking your ### a few years down the road!!

Class act Renegades and Lee-Keep it up!

Very, very classy, Renegades. I'm sure the looks on the kids' faces were well worth it.

What a feel good story. Thanks for that Lee. The attitude displayed by the Renegades is one to be set as an example for others. :)

when I read that story, I kept on trying to think if this was coming from a guy who was in a "corps" called Crunchy Frog

:P

~>conner

Jester ROCKS!!!!!

I have to put in my 2 cents here too. I give major props to the kids in Jester. I takes real dedication and shear guts to go out on the field when you're that small of a corps. I remember going out on the field in my rookie year with 25 horns and getting our brains beat in, and that was pretty d##n tough. I cannot imagine doing it with only 12.

Sure, their staff wrote a show that was over their heads (this year). But that is no reason to verbally attack the kids on the field! So for all of you who said "What the #### wa that?" Do Jester, and indeed all struggling corps, a favor: GO HOME AND SWALLOW YOUR SOCKS!!!

Rant Off

HEHHHHYALLLL NO!!!!

I want my Jester t-shirt and button NOW!

I would think they'd be proud about their status! At least, have some fun with the summer!

Edited by apoch003