MiniCorps' at DCA Alumni show

and i've listened to a CD at a later time of something i saw in person and the CD didn't match up to what i saw at all.  sometimes it is that the winning performance doesn't have the same zing on a recording (i.e. something that took my breath away in person just doesn't manage to get that same effect when recorded).  and in the opposite, sometimes a performance of a group i never saw sounds better to me on a CD than the group that was named the winner, but without seeing it in person there is alot visually i know that i'm missing.

add in that i'll pick out something that went wrong on a CD that i didn't catch in person.  being able to re-listen to something over and over gives you that ability that you never have with a one-shot viewing of any event.  maybe I&E judges should take up the "instant re-play rules".  :P

whatever way it goes ~  judging is subjective.  just because you and OTHERS believe who sounded best that night last summer, doesn't mean EVERYONE does.  and it doesn't mean EVERYONE will agree over something like a CD, because as i said earlier, sometimes seeing something in person changes one's perspective of a performance. 

FWIW ~ the way you keep harping on the issue, it is old.  2005 is a new season so lets just wait and see what the judges have to say this year and let the old crap go.  as a spectator, all this griping makes me think of a bunch of cry-babies and whiners and takes away some of my respect for your organization.  i plan on going to mini-corps and attempting to listen objectively to ALL the performances.  but frankly, some of the comments on here do color my opinions negatively.

I agree with her Nick...so why are you getting mad at me.

If listening to that CD makes you mad...STOP LISTENING TO IT. If I continued to whine about how many times I THINK I got screwed in drum corps, I would be in the nut house. Sometimes it is better, my friend, to let it go.

Donny

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legaleagle, Nick leadsop420 is a unique character. he is just putting you on, making trouble for fun. You all can't judge the t-birds on the OPINIONS of one or two people myself included (donny called me wacked) LOL. We're a drum corps thats going to be 50 years old next year. We may have a warped sense of humor, but that's as far as it goes. Everyone else is fairly normal, so give us a listen with an open mind, ok? thanks.

making trouble for fun is flamebait according to the DCP Guidelines

making trouble for fun is flamebait according to the DCP Guidelines

Quotes like: "T-BIRDS ARE READY.......BE AFRAID!" - are quotes to make trouble for fun. I like to "stir up the pot" - However - My main objective is voice the opinion of the unbiased majority. It seems like last years Minicorps competition will never end. I took DA's advice, and now last years CD from the Minicorps competition is my new Frizbee. See, DA, I do listen to you. (#%@%)

I realize that I react "Harshly" at times. I do apologize if I offend anyone. This still won't stop me from responding to a post in which I firmly believe is a strike against me or the Thunderbirds. And now, at this time, I would like to recap:

"T-BIRDS ARE READY............BE AFRAID!"

Quotes like:  "T-BIRDS ARE READY.......BE AFRAID!"  - are quotes to make trouble for fun.  I like to "stir up the pot" - However - My main objective is voice the opinion of the unbiased majority.  It seems like last years Minicorps competition will never end.  I took DA's advice, and now last years CD from the Minicorps competition is my new Frizbee.  See, DA, I do listen to you. (#%@%)

I realize that I react "Harshly" at times.  I do apologize if I offend anyone.  This still won't stop me from responding to a post in which I firmly believe is a strike against me or the Thunderbirds.  And now, at this time, I would like to recap:

"T-BIRDS ARE READY............BE AFRAID!"

How about this quote?

"There is NO WAY ON GOD'S EARTH THAT WE LOST TO THE "GHOSTBUSTERS." NO WAY! "

I don't think the folks in GR think that remark was made in fun.

And as far as you thinking you are speaking for the "unbiased majority", the world extends beyond the boundaries of Erie, PA.

You have not only managed to provoke a lot of fine people, you have managed to make the Thunderbird organization look like a bunch of whining sore losers, and that image will extend far beyond the boundaries of Erie, PA my friend. I have a lot of friends in the T-birds… Jeff, Gary, Tommy even Ralph when he is sober. I would hope they are not part of your so-called “unbiased majority”.

I am not going to lower myself to your level by slinging mud at you or the organization you are representing, and yes weather you intend to or not, your remarks reflect on your organization, but I will ask that you consider an apology for the remarks you have made and refrain from the constant negative remarks toward other mini corps. We are all brothers and the competition should be left on the field/parking lot.

I tip my beer to all my good friends in all mini corps.

Rock on Brothers & Sisters

Legaleagle, Nick leadsop420 is a unique character.  he is just putting you on, making trouble for fun.  You all can't judge the t-birds on the OPINIONS of one or two people myself included  (donny called me wacked) LOL.  We're a drum corps thats going to be 50 years old next year.  We may have a warped sense of humor, but that's as far as it goes.  Everyone else is fairly normal, so give us a listen with an open mind, ok?  thanks.

i could frankly care less that your are a drum corps that is going to be 50 next year. in my opinion from some of the comments here, IMO you are a drum corps that has no class. haven't you ever heard the line "you are only as strong as your weakest link"? many of the other drum corps who are still out there competing on the field on a weekly basis have been around over 50 years and have far more class than has been shown here. maybe that is why they are still on the field and you guys aren't. :blink:

i'm sorry but i found absolutely no humor in many of the comments i have read since last Labor Day. they do not seem based in humor but instead in anger and jealousy. everybody wants to win. even the corps that comes in last. but it is how you portray yourself when you are the one that loses that really matters. it's been 11 months now and the message that the Thunderbirds, via some of their members, have sent has been heard loud and clear. too bad it wasn't a good one. :(

Lighten up people.

GEEZ...can't we agree to disagree? While I'm no HoF'r, or a Sop Soloists, I respect other DCA Members right to their opinions.

I for one can't see why they have eliminated the Exibition performances on Friday night.Maybe they could hold something earlier on Friday for these Corps who want to "show their stuff", but for one reason,or another don't feel comfortable performing a field show.Maybe this would give an incentive for these Corps to field a Show in the Alumni portion of DCA weekend next year?

The above refers to not having a Exibition at the I&E on Friday night{i.e. RA}

I think this was an excellent part of the Friday night festivities, with the exception of the lack of food/beer at the Mountain.

Ming the Merciless