Worst Champion of All Time

About the ONLY championship show i disagree with is Cavaliers 2001.  Such an incredibly boring and dirty show.  I don't know how on Earth they won GE music with that.  To this day I can't hum a single measure from that show....BD should have been on top, followed by Cadets, THEN Cavies...

my .02

I can hum all of 01 Cavies on the spot... I loved Four Corners... but other than the counting out loud chant thing, I don't remember anything musically from '02. Frameworks still doesn't do it for me.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote would have to go to the 1989 Santa Clara Vanguard.

DISCLAIMER: I never saw them live...just basing it on the audio recording i have. I was shocked by the brass sound and ens. music issues. could be a bad recording...but methinks i am hearing correctly.

Many moments where you can here bad tq's, individual balance problems, tuning, etc.

I dont know where they finished in brass or music ens...but their visual must have rocked.

as always...IMHO!

Peace

Please, stop freaking out about this thread, those of you who choose to do so. There have been any number of threads where people gave opinions about shows that should've been champions but weren't, and they covered exactly the same ground as this. They may not come right out and say that certain shows were "bad winners", but that's what they implied, no matter how subtly. Where were you on your high horses then?

Since this is such a pretentious thread anyway, how about the first one to be given first place using vocals or narration <**>

ampssuck  ampssuck  ampssuck  ampssuck  ampssuck  ampssuck  ampssuck

w/Stp:

Your are right.  How about a response?

I've given two.

89 SCV was not as clean as PH that year.  That's a toss-up.

I usually don't critique stuff well enough to be able to argue that a certain corps didn't deserve to win. I usually focus on the music and overall package, just to absorb it all in; the biggest one I can think of is BD 1998. I thought they had the best show out there. They dropped to third in finals.

this is a great topic actually...

I'm a huge SCV fan, 87 and 88 are my favorite shows of all time.

BUT, I must admit, they didn't deserve to win in 89.

Even Murray has said that they didn't deserve to win percussion that year...

I find it interesting that 89 has been deemed a non-favorite but yet when DCI did the Fan Polling and show in April, it was chosen as the best show ever.... :huh:

I find it interesting that 89 has been deemed a non-favorite but yet when DCI did the Fan Polling and show in April, it was chosen as the best show ever.... :huh:

I think that shows just how split the fans were that year, and although they were split folks tend to really be passionate about both SCV and Phantom in 89.