Anti Ampers unite! Does the movement have legs

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I say anything, know that I am not a fan of amped voices...and I'm really not a fan of amplification all together. That being said, I accept amplification. Why?...where else am I going to go for this level of performance by 14-22 year old kids? There is no other organization on the planet that is anything like DCI. Amplification or not, I love drum corps. Am I a push-over?...maybe...but I can't just walk away from something that I love.

It's kind of sad that DCI has a stranglehold on drum corps. There's nothing to challenge it. But, there's nothing we can do about it. So, I accept it for what it is...or, what most of you may say, what it has become.

For those who truly hate amplification to the point of not going to the shows anymore - there's always DCA.

Before I say anything, know that I am not a fan of amped voices...and I'm really not a fan of amplification all together.  That being said, I accept amplification.  Why?...where else am I going to go for this level of performance by 14-22 year old kids?  There is no other organization on the planet that is anything like DCI.  Amplification or not, I love drum corps.  Am I a push-over?...maybe...but I can't just walk away from something that I love.

It's kind of sad that DCI has a stranglehold on drum corps.  There's nothing to challenge it.  But, there's nothing we can do about it.  So, I accept it for what it is...or, what most of you may say, what it has become.

For those who truly hate amplification to the point of not going to the shows anymore - there's always DCA.

Your right, I would never stop going to Drum Corps shows. This way we could voice our displeasure and still support our favorite sport.

Pretty soon we get to vote on the order of apperence in Murfreesboro.

I tried that last year by having BD go on first. Unfortunately I felt like the lone voice.

DrumCorpsFan says he has 3000+ signatures. If we all did our part it may send the desired message.

It was done last year. As Lancerldy said, the BoD looked at and ignored it. I agree, the only way corps will get the message is if the stands are empty.

Please don't say that.

Last year the amps were very controversal.  Many people in the audience (including me) scoffed at what some of the corps were doing.  This year my beloved Bluecoats are doing a bit of amped stuff.  You have every right not to like it, and I support that right.

But it's still our beloved Summer Music Games!!!  It is still officially the BEST marching music performance on the planet Earth.  To start encouraging people not to go to shows is the worst, most selfish thing I've ever seen!  The shows are still AMAZING and entertaining.  And those kids are working harder than ever to perform shows that they/we love, many of whom I marched with.

Hey, guess what Jeffsnewjetta!  If you stop going to shows and encourage others to do the same, you're hurting the non-amped corps too!  Did you ever think of that?

Whether you like or hate amplification, here's what you SHOULD be doing:  Going to as many shows as you can and dragging people with you that have never seen a show.  That's what I'm doing.

I want to see a huge crowd at finals this year, and every year after that!  Stop this foolishness. <**>

yes i have thought about what it would do to all corps given how much i spent on DCI annually.

but let me ask you this....why in the #### should i pay those pirces to sit thru something that makes me want to vomit?

and because more corps use them now than last year, if i got up and left every time an amped corps came on, i'd a) never be in my seat and b( when I was, I'd be a royal pain in my neaighbors butts.

if you dislike, for example rugby...do you still pay $125 to go see it?

i bet you don't.