Question....

so... at the wichita show, the school girl w/the suitcase type bag thing comes walking up the stands.... the steps right by me to be exact. It's before the show has even started, she's fully dressed, carrying the suitcase and appears to be looking for something.

she then sits down (right of the 50, very top for those interested) in a not so full section, and then disapears about 3 minutes later.

can anyone explain why she did this? does she usually do this at every show? or what was the special occassion for the strange visit?

:worthy:

and please, no slamming, bashing, etc. I just want an honest answer to the question. :)

so...  at the wichita show, the school girl w/the suitcase type bag thing comes walking up the stands....  the steps right by me to be exact.  It's before the show has even started, she's fully dressed, carrying the suitcase and appears to be looking for something.

she then sits down (right of the 50, very top for those interested) in a not so full section, and then disapears about 3 minutes later.

can anyone explain why she did this?  does she usually do this at every show?  or what was the special occassion for the strange visit?

and please, no slamming, bashing, etc.  I just want an honest answer to the question.  :)

I think it's just a 'scene-setting" kind of thing...she did it at Giant's Stadium too...a few rows in front of me. Just to get the crowd talking/wondering about it, is my guess. Just all part of the "show biz" aspect.

Mike

I seen her at a previous show myself. I guess it is something that ties into the show... "I think I've been here before"--type of thing...anywho, it is very interesting, and I kinda like that idea.

so...  at the wichita show, the school girl w/the suitcase type bag thing comes walking up the stands....  the steps right by me to be exact.  It's before the show has even started, she's fully dressed, carrying the suitcase and appears to be looking for something.

can anyone explain why she did this?  does she usually do this at every show?  or what was the special occassion for the strange visit?

and please, no slamming, bashing, etc.  I just want an honest answer to the question.  :)

I agree... I find the whole concept of preshow interest very important... not only does it get you excited about the upcoming performance, but it provides another level of interaction between the fan and the cadets. You may not understand the show, but you saw that girl in the stands and that gets you more enthralled into the performance.

I have heard she also asks people "Where is 1313" or something to that effect....which is the number on the big door.

that was def. not what happened at this show. no one even made the connection until tristan and I explained to those around us that she was up in the stands earlier.

I mean, there's a lot to be said for creating an atomosphere and all.... but she was there so far before their show....

I dunno.... I don't think anyone thought to deeply about her presence that night.

Has Hopkins commented on this anywhere at all? I'm just curious if there is a definite reason like you guys have suggested.

It makes sense.... but I suppose it's all relative considering timing, what the crowd is like, where she walks/sits etc.

I have heard she also asks people "Where is 1313" or something to that effect....which is the number on the big door.

strange.

I did not see her actually talk to anyone. Of course, I didn't keep my eyes on her until she left either... but I didn't see her talk.

Interesting.

I just heard this through a friend who follows the Cadets very closely....so I'm not 100% sure if it is true

If she's just going out there to sit, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It doesn't appear that it would make any difference if no one noticed her.

Now, if she went out into the stands, and completely freaked out between corps like she'd gone bat-#### crazy, or just acted nuts, that'd be something. Maybe she could whistle nervously and say things that don't make any sense. She could ask weird questions about where she was in the country. Or act like someone was after her.

In one of Hopkins' blogs he said that this would be happening. He just thought that it naturally blended in with the show's theme. She wanders around asking for directions, aksing if someone knows where she should be at 9:27 (or whatever is there start time).

Edited by Long Time Fan