Question....

And while we're at it, let's remove all the banners on finals night. Heck, no corp t-shirts either. Definitely forbid any pre- or post-show yells for any specific corps or corps member. Shoot, let's not have any fun at all!

HH

This is a great idea, and one I have been trying to push-through for years now. The corps have entirely too much "advertising" and "marketing" in the stands. Well, it is time for it to stop!! If I see this girl in the stands, I am going to give her a good talking-to about Hopkins.........oh wait, you were using sarcasm?....never mind.... :)

If she does this while other corps are performing, I'd probably kill her.

Put your weapons away - it's all prior to the start of the show.

I hope everyone understands why I'm about to write this, and if I'm seen as a Cadets-basher...so be it. I would say the same about any corps doing the same thing.

IMO, this is part of the "show." And being part of the show, even as a "scene-setter", it should be subject to timing and penalty rules. If this is intended to enhance the show, the timing should start when she enters the stands, and she should be subject to boundary penalties as well.

C'mon, if every corps did a "teaser", there would be way too much distraction from other corps' performances. This smells really familiar in the "look at us!" Cades mindset, kinda like the single person spinning in retreats a couple of years ago...and the fire station sirens conveniently going off in Madison.

Everyone has 11 ½ minutes to perform and sell their show. Why should Cadets, or anyone else, get more?

Garry

Out of all the opinions you could have, this is certainly one of them! :P You are certainly entitled to it and I'm sure you can/will find others who agree with you. That said - I'm not one of them. ^0^

:ampssuck:

darn double posts. my bad.

Edited by kristam

:ampssuck:

not about her..... about your comment.

felt the need to clarify.

Edited by kristam

I hope everyone understands why I'm about to write this, and if I'm seen as a Cadets-basher...so be it. I would say the same about any corps doing the same thing.

IMO, this is part of the "show." And being part of the show, even as a "scene-setter", it should be subject to timing and penalty rules. If this is intended to enhance the show, the timing should start when she enters the stands, and she should be subject to boundary penalties as well

Garry

Many corps are peforming from the time they enter the gate until they leave. The way the enter the field can be part of the "show". Like when Madison made the Scout symbol that I can't spell. Or on the field warm-ups. Not judged, but intended to "enhance" the show. I think this is the same sort of thing, only wierder.

Sorry, Garry....disagree with ya here...this is no different than the crowd going ape#### over the onfield warmup....that's njot part of the competitve program, either....yet it draws the crowd to the corps.

Hoppy just found a VERY unique way of doing it...props to him...a Hoppy idea I LIKE...it's ####### brilliant!

ALSO....show me the rule that would apply...she'd not in the defined field of competition, she;s not doing a judgted performance...she's creating ambience for the program...now, given that this may be a LITTLE before showtime, it's still a great idea.

MY question is....what was the reaction from the crowd like the first time the audience "got it"?

oh yeah....and is she hot?? ^0^

IMO, this is part of the "show." And being part of the show, even as a "scene-setter", it should be subject to timing and penalty rules. If this is intended to enhance the show, the timing should start when she enters the stands, and she should be subject to boundary penalties as well.

C'mon, if every corps did a "teaser", there would be way too much distraction from other corps' performances. This smells really familiar in the "look at us!" Cades mindset, kinda like the single person spinning in retreats a couple of years ago...and the fire station sirens conveniently going off in Madison.

Everyone has 11 ½ minutes to perform and sell their show. Why should Cadets, or anyone else, get more?

Garry

Gotta disagree with you there Garry. First of all it doesn't seem that you have been to a show where this has happened and you haven't experienced it firsthand. The girl wanders through the stands between performances and intermission (if there is one). Secondly, it's not done throughout the contest so there really is no distraction to performances happening down on the field.

This is meant to be interactive with the audience, not to be judged or penalized.

As far as you not being a "Cadet basher"......c'mon :worthy: ...you obviously have a problem with the "single person spinning on retreats" and "the fire station sirens conveniently going off in Madison" (that was planned btw). This is not a "look at us" mindset as you put it. I applaud the Cadets and their staff for being different and pushing the envelope. Try opening your mind and enjoy what's happening not just in front of you for 11.5 minutes but also all around you.

".....for Holy Name shall always be!"

Gotta disagree with you there Garry.  First of all it doesn't seem that you have been to a show where this has happened and you haven't experienced it firsthand.  The girl wanders through the stands between performances and intermission (if there is one).  Secondly, it's not done throughout the contest so there really is no distraction to performances happening down on the field. 

This is meant to be interactive with the audience, not to be judged or penalized. 

As far as you not being a "Cadet basher"......c'mon :worthy: ...you obviously have a problem with the "single person spinning on retreats" and "the fire station sirens conveniently going off in Madison" (that was planned btw).  This is not a "look at us" mindset as you put it.  I applaud the Cadets and their staff for being different and pushing the envelope.  Try opening your mind and enjoy what's happening not just in front of you for 11.5 minutes but also all around you. 

".....for Holy Name shall always be!"

Ok, I know I have heard this before, but can someone explain what happens with the fire station sirens?