Question....

so...  at the wichita show, the school girl w/the suitcase type bag thing comes walking up the stands....  the steps right by me to be exact.  It's before the show has even started, she's fully dressed, carrying the suitcase and appears to be looking for something.

she then sits down (right of the 50, very top for those interested) in a not so full section, and then disapears about 3 minutes later.

can anyone explain why she did this?  does she usually do this at every show?  or what was the special occassion for the strange visit?

:worthy:

and please, no slamming, bashing, etc.  I just want an honest answer to the question.  :)

i was at the same show krista and saw her, right off the bat we thought it was sort of a setting the scene. thought it was kind of cool. because then of course when cadets went on there were tons of people who were like, "oh yah! that's her! that's why she was up here!" hehe

If she does this while other corps are performing, I'd probably kill her.

the only time i saw her doing it was between corps. not during the shows.

I hope everyone understands why I'm about to write this, and if I'm seen as a Cadets-basher...so be it. I would say the same about any corps doing the same thing.

IMO, this is part of the "show." And being part of the show, even as a "scene-setter", it should be subject to timing and penalty rules. If this is intended to enhance the show, the timing should start when she enters the stands, and she should be subject to boundary penalties as well.

C'mon, if every corps did a "teaser", there would be way too much distraction from other corps' performances. This smells really familiar in the "look at us!" Cades mindset, kinda like the single person spinning in retreats a couple of years ago...and the fire station sirens conveniently going off in Madison.

Everyone has 11 ½ minutes to perform and sell their show. Why should Cadets, or anyone else, get more?

Garry

That's why I like it... Hoppy is not confined by this imaginary 11 1/2 minute box. Her performance in the stands is NOT for the judges and won't be judged but it enhances the program for the fans. Last time I checked, the fans don't put down scores so it doesn't give them an unfair advantage.

The way I see it...the more stuff the better. Not everything about this activity is about the scores.

Edited by DCImonkey
  • Like 1

I hope everyone understands why I'm about to write this, and if I'm seen as a Cadets-basher...so be it. I would say the same about any corps doing the same thing.

IMO, this is part of the "show." And being part of the show, even as a "scene-setter", it should be subject to timing and penalty rules. If this is intended to enhance the show, the timing should start when she enters the stands, and she should be subject to boundary penalties as well.

C'mon, if every corps did a "teaser", there would be way too much distraction from other corps' performances. This smells really familiar in the "look at us!" Cades mindset, kinda like the single person spinning in retreats a couple of years ago...and the fire station sirens conveniently going off in Madison.

Everyone has 11 ½ minutes to perform and sell their show. Why should Cadets, or anyone else, get more?

Garry

Your point is well taken....however, she is not being judged while she is in the stands....the judges could careless I'm sure, if they even know!

IMO, this is part of the "show." And being part of the show, even as a "scene-setter", it should be subject to timing and penalty rules.

And while we're at it, let's remove all the banners on finals night. Heck, no corp t-shirts either. Definitely forbid any pre- or post-show yells for any specific corps or corps member. Shoot, let's not have any fun at all!

HH