The Anti-Narration BD Thread

Talking during shows is rude. Fans pay good money to hear the music. Please be considerate, and try to refrain from talking until after the performance. If you must speak, keep your voice down so that others are not distracted.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking during shows is rude.  Fans pay good money to hear the music.  Please be considerate, and try to refrain from talking until after the performance.  If you must speak, keep your voice down so that others are not distracted.

If it were only that simple right?

...wait, it really is that simple :beer:

(technically the fans are paying good money to see a "show". Their preferences determine if they like the show or not; so as much as I agree with you, other people aren't bothered by it.)

Amping and narration suck no matter which corps is using them IMHO, including one of my alma maters B)

AMEN! :beer:

Talking during shows is rude.  Fans pay good money to hear the music.  Please be considerate, and try to refrain from talking until after the performance.  If you must speak, keep your voice down so that others are not distracted.

That's good advice, can you tell the Blue Devils that? ^0^

Not sure what the point is comparing a large vocal ensemble singing near the front sideline as opposed to solo voice (Cadets, Bluecoats) or small group (Crown 2004) using mics to maintain balance.

You mentioned the point of comparison....they're doing it through a microphone

I don't want to hear a human's voice through a microphone...it annoys the #### out of me....THAT'S the point of comparing them

I apoligize for getting involved with this post. The entire thing is totally draining. If we had all of the correct answers we would be running DCI or one of the corps. Not sitting at our homes having the time to get so wrapped up in a pointless debate. Some of us might not like what the current corps are doing in the way of design, but just remember that no one is asking you to design a drum corps show. Instead of anti-amp petitions why don't you put together an arm chair corps director association.

What I wrote about past changes was to show that there are always people who will be totally against a change, and then after not very long, they get over it.  Whether we like some changes or not, there is a valid reason behind them.

Actually many people never get over some of these changes. Just read RAMD and even DCP and you'll find very passionate former fans. Add to that less passionate former fans who only voice their opinion but not going to shows any more.

I remember running into a couple in Hershey Park in line for a Weird Al concert a few years ago. He saw my Crossmen hat and we started talking. He and his wife marched in the 70s but the changes were too many over the years and they lost interest. Just two people, but I suspect there are many more like that. Sure some people "get over it" but many don't.