Murfreesboro Voting Cancelled

It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. It's one thing for corps to send out emails to their online subscribers to advertise the Murfreesboro competition. That's not enough to cause any real trouble. It's a completely different thing to manipulate the voting poll in numbers of thousands or tens of thousands. Whoever did this has some real issues. I love drum corps just as much as the next guy and I love the opportunity for fans to actually pick the order of the corps but regardless of the results, the show is still going to kick a ton of ###. It just sucks that DCI had to scrap the idea the day before results were to be released.

Bots bite :(

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. It's one thing for corps to send out emails to their online subscribers to advertise the Murfreesboro competition. That's not enough to cause any real trouble. It's a completely different thing to manipulate the voting poll in numbers of thousands or tens of thousands. Whoever did this has some real issues. I love drum corps just as much as the next guy and I love the opportunity for fans to actually pick the order of the corps but regardless of the results, the show is still going to kick a ton of ###. It just sucks that DCI had to scrap the idea the day before results were to be released.

Bots bite :(

I wonder what the order would have been...??

in a nutshell---a program that automatically goes in and votes the way the programmer

sets it to vote.

not a very nice thing to do---welcome to the digital age.

bob

What a tale of two extremes. This *&^% ruins it for all of us by abusibg the system and I cant even figure out how to set my browser to "accept" request for voting......sigh.

~G~

One does not have to look far on here to see threats of manipulation of the vote made RIGHT on this forum.

I applaud voiding this vote.  It was tainted in many ways.

Well then, I guess that little YEA corps is partially to blame, considering the email I received from them and their website says to send it to as many "friends" as possible to assure the Cadets go on last.

~G~

I'm waiting for someone to blame it on ______________________ (insert name of villian)

A. George Hopkins

B. Dave Gibbs

C. The person that first thought amps would be cool.

D. Bones from Crossmen

E. Michael Boo's evil twin brother Bubba

F. Lee Rudnicki

G. DCA....all of them.

H. The narrators from any corps.

I. The school girl from Cadets.

J. The girl from Madison. (That was weird to type.)

K. The dude from Phantom.

L. Dan Acheson

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....the list could (but won't) go on....comedy supply tank depleted....must seek refill....

What a tale of two extremes. This *&^% ruins it for all of us by abusibg the system and I cant even figure out how to set my browser to "accept" request for voting......sigh.

~G~

Is that the same email I got saying to vote with all your email addresses....because it doesn't check names, just email addresses??? <**>

I'm waiting for someone to blame it on ______________________ (insert name of villian)

"Blame it on the rain"

OMG, did I just make a Milli Vanilli reference??? ampssuck

millivanilli.jpg

Well then, I guess that little YEA corps is partially to blame, considering the email I received from them and their website says to send it to as many "friends" as possible to assure the Cadets go on last.

~G~

i got one from YEA and BD and i'm sure there were more from different corps. encouraging everyone to vote is one thing. a bot is different.

Edited by MadMan99