Murfreesboro Voting Cancelled

May we also presume that a "voting bot" votes a great multitude of times? :beer:

When I voted a multitude of once, DCI asked me to include my first and last names and my email address. How, then, can this "voting bot" get around those required pieces of information?

I hope the perpetrator can be unveiled and publicized so everyone knows who did this terrible deed, and I hope legal action can be taken to punish the person or persons involved.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the bot will do what it's programmed to do, as many times as it is told to do so.

so yes.... they could have it vote for one corps as many times as they like.

A Bot will provide the name info and use thousands of email addresses and keep clearing out the cache and voting over and over and the only way you really see things is that you'll get a huge spike in votes..

Now DCI's decision to cancel the vote is good but they never tell us the number of votes people get anyhow.....there are tons of polling software out that they could use that record IP addresses etc.....

Last Rant....So they were getting bad results don't scrap everything...instead of repeating the order why not draw straws at the stadium the morning of the show and have that at least determine a random order

Edited by blueorginal

A Bot will provide the name info and use thousands of email addresses and keep clearing out the cache and voting over and over and the only way you really see things is that you'll get a huge spike in votes..

Now DCI's decision to cancel the vote is good but they never tell us the number of votes people get anyhow.....there are tons of polling software out that they could use that record IP addresses etc.....

Last Rant....So they were getting bad results don't scrap everything...instead of repeating the order why not draw straws at the stadium the morning of the show and have that at least determine a random order

I would be very much in favor of a "random draw" type system for determining performance order. I've never really liked the "fan vote" system very much. It never seemed quite fair to me on a number of levels, not the least of which is it must be a real deflater for the corps voted on to perform first. They must feel a bit like "excuse us, we'll just perform our little show and get out of your way." Doesn't seem fair really.

I propose that I determine the order for Murfreesboro. That's the ONLY way it can be guaranteed to be pure, fair and touched by the very hand of God in the same manner as if He would vote.

You're either with me or you're against me.

NOTE: This really is a joke, just so no one takes it seriously (as has happened before).

But to be totally serious. The vote was set up to give the fans a chance to be part of the system. How horribly unfortunate that there are people who would ruin that for everyone.

Maybe we should have a show determined entirely voting bots. (NOTE: This is another joke.) The winner would probably be determined by a margin of 6.5 billion votes.

Mike

Dang it all; this was the most likely year for things to be shaken up too!!! (IMO)

By the way Mike, it sounds ridiculous, but if everybody voting used a voting bot...I think it would work out to be fair. We'd just have eleventy-billion fourteen thousand shfifty five votes.

Edited by Bluefan

####in a, i wanted madison on last ######. if i knew who did this i'd be hard pressed not to kick their ###

I always program my voting bots in such a way as to not attact attention. For example, I would only vote enough times to ensure my favorite corps goes on last, but not an excessive amount so that it draws attention from DCI. Whoever programmed this bot was second-rate.

The point of my post is to ask the question. How legitimate where the votes from previous years?

QT

Edited by QuentinTarantino