Murfreesboro Voting Cancelled

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you can't call him "Deep Thr..." Oh well that's already taken.. b**bs

This is good to hear..I was thinking they could've eliminated the "14,000"..if they wanted too...I'm sure.

Just curious, does anyone have any "inside info"..lol as to how the vote was going..for or against? Votes to put them on first or last (Cadets, BD, Cavies..etc..), not tryint to start a bash war just curious..

Check out the results so far on the Murfreesboro fan poll. B)

Edited by AnaheimAlumni

Sheesh....did you not see the  (  ^0^  ) I put there...it was supposed to just be funny.

Oh, well, they don't all work, I guess.

Mike

Funny I can understand. But you've been funny plenty of times in the past without being obnoxious, which that post was.

And people are still subtly blaming the Cadets for this? Collecting 2000 signatures outside of a supermarket is not even anywhere near being the same kind of thing as sending out an email encouraging friends and family to vote. This is a vote for performance order, not a vote for the final order of the contest!

So I guess it's safe to assume that George Hopkins, evil incarnate as he is, thought the only way his corps could win the Murfreesboro contest was to manipulate the voting (because they're struggling so much this year and all...). So he commissioned one of his YEA! foot soldiers to come up with some bot thing that would make sure that his Cadets (who need soooo much help) would be performing last.

See how ridiculous that sounds? See how much of a stretch that is? The Cadets don't need any help, they're even beating the mighty Blue Devils right now and are on the heels of the mighty Cavaliers.

Sending an email encouraging people to vote is not some act of evil. It's completely understandable, and I would think every corps would do something like that. But then again, I don't look for any reason I can to blame Hop for an incident he had nothing to do with because I'm mad at a totally unrelated vote that was passed two years ago.

And I'm not talking about every amnti-amper on this thread. I'm talking about a very, very few of them. But there are those few, who just make things so hard for people like me who enjoy reading what interesting people have to say about an activity that I love. Rehashing the same "Hopkins is evil" crap is just old and not very smart.

(Sorry for the length and the overt sarcasm, I was just a tad peeved.)

Edited by murphpuppy37

And people are still subtly blaming the Cadets for this?  Collecting 2000 signatures outside of a supermarket is not even anywhere near being the same kind of thing as sending out an email encouraging friends and family to vote.  This is a vote for performance order, not a vote for the final order of the contest! 

So I guess it's safe to assume that George Hopkins, evil incarnate as he is, thought the only way his corps could win the Murfreesboro contest was to manipulate the voting (because they're struggling so much this year and all...).  So he commissioned one of his YEA! foot soldiers to come up with some bot thing that would make sure that his Cadets (who need soooo much help) would be performing last.

See how ridiculous that sounds?  See how much of a stretch that is?  The Cadets don't need any help, they're even beating the mighty Blue Devils right now and are on the heels of the mighty Cavaliers. 

Sending an email encouraging people to vote is not some act of evil. It's completely understandable, and I would think every corps would do something like that.  But then again, I don't look for any reason I can to blame Hop for an incident he had nothing to do with because I'm mad at a totally unrelated vote that was passed two years ago.

And I'm not talking about every amnti-amper on this thread.  I'm talking about a very, very few of them.  But there are those few, who just make things so hard for people like me who enjoy reading what interesting people have to say about an activity that I love.  Rehashing the same "Hopkins is evil" crap is just old and not very smart. 

(Sorry for the length and the overt sarcasm, I was just a tad peeved.)

anytime there's controversy- people look his way. secretly he's gotta be standing back and laughing at all the people that blame him. honestly, i think it's because he hasn't been blamed for anything in like a week. next up--some are working on blaming hoppy for world hunger and i hear they're calling a press conference later today to link him to the space shuttle debris.

Sheesh.  I really should read the whole thread before making certain posts.  I am erasing my post above and apologize to Mike.

I guess I didn't make the idea that the phrase was supposed to not be taken seriously obvious enough. I thought the ^0^ would do that. My bad, I guess.

BTW, I have no idea what you wrote, as it is no longer there. Must have been bad, I guess...

Mike

Guest DrumCorpFan
I guess I didn't make the idea that the phrase was supposed to not be taken seriously obvious enough. I thought the  ^0^  would do that. My bad, I guess.

BTW, I have no idea what you wrote, as it is no longer there. Must have been bad, I guess...

Mike

Well, I had read the original post and reprimanded you for a "low blow" and said that I had hoped you meant it as a joke. The thing is I read post to post and respond immediately to certain comments, as I did with yours. A few minutes later I read your next post explaining that it was indeed a joke and I felt like a moron for reprimanding you, so I erased it. The post was there for maybe five minutes, but I don't know how many read it.

Anyway, let us continue on with our lives...