Who's on the Bubble?

The fight for the last finalist spot should be interesting. With Spirits strong showing over the past week it looks like they're a lock for finals. Earlier it appeared that the Glassmen were a lock, but they seem to be fading quckly down the stretch. Spirit is now sitting two points ahead of the Gmen and almost four ahead of the Xmen. Will the Xmen be able to catch the Glassmen and grab the 12th position? Could the Colts edge out both the Xmen and the Gmen and grab a spot? Thoughts? IMO this is a very interesting race to watch.

The fight for the last finalist spot should be interesting. With Spirits strong showing over the past week it looks like they're a lock for finals. Earlier it appeared that the Glassmen were a lock,  but they seem to be fading quckly down the stretch. Spirit is now sitting two points ahead of the Gmen and almost four ahead of the Xmen. Will the Xmen be able to catch the Glassmen and grab the 12th position? Could the Colts edge out both the Xmen and the Gmen and grab a spot? Thoughts? IMO this is a very interesting race to watch.

:worthy: Well, my hope is that the COLTS do the edging...but my gut (which is substantial) tells me it is gonna be the Glassmen. Sigh....maybe next year Colts. But keep rockin', don't give up cause you never know till the fat lady sings.

"Don't bother to agree with me, I've already changed my mind."

I'm still hoping for a 12th place tie in semi finals so 13 will perform on Saturday night. If this happens, I think Glassmen and Crossmen will tie. I will be disappointed if Glassmen don't make finals....they started off so strong and the talk in these forums early in the season was how they may finish somewhere in the 7th-10th range. I don't think Colts have what it takes to push their way up to 12th...but are a sure one for Semis.

I think Spirit will take 11th, but I wouldn't say they are a lock just yet...that score at Kennesaw may have been a little inflated.

Definately Glassmen!

Colts have a show from an other era, they look like a senior corps, the only thing is that senior corps have evolved infact apart from some corps (E.S. and Brigs) senior corps is pretty actual.

Colts need to change whoever pics the show and also the drum staff.

Dave

I'm still hoping for a 12th place tie in semi finals so 13 will perform on Saturday night.  If this happens, I think Glassmen and Crossmen will tie.  I will be disappointed if Glassmen don't make finals....they started off so strong and the talk in these forums early in the season was how they may finish somewhere in the 7th-10th range.  I don't think Colts have what it takes to push their way up to 12th...but are a sure one for Semis.

I think Spirit will take 11th, but I wouldn't say they are a lock just yet...that score at Kennesaw may have been a little inflated.

Speaking from personal experience, Glassmen DO NOT tie for 12th. They just take 13th and call it good. :P

One more #### 10th of a point in '92...

A tie for twelth would be awesome!  I know we have the ordinal system to settle a tie for first place but does the same system apply in case of a 12th place tie???

Ordinals only apply in the case of first place at championships. Any other place can be a tie. Any other show can have a winning tie.

Speaking from personal experience.. Spirit is not a lock yet. If they were i'd be sleeping much better at night.

Keep pushing guys!

(im pretending that they can actually hear what I just typed)

Speaking from personal experience, Glassmen DO NOT tie for 12th.  They just take 13th and call it good. :P

One more #### 10th of a point in '92...

Well Kev, 6 years worth of hard work and one tenth of a point let me age out on Saturday on the field instead of Friday in the parking lot.

The thing I remember most though was just how much class and maturity every single member of the Glassmen showed that day. It would have been real easy to be bitter towards us (Freelancers) but to my amazement, members of your corps actually came up to ME, shook my hand and told me to kick ### on Saturday night. I have considered myself to be a fan of the Glassmen ever since. A truly class organisation.

I was so impressed with that display of sportsmanship, that along with my shoes, I left a Glassmen patch and a Glassmen age outs shoes right there next to mine when I left the field after Finals retreat.