LMS-South/Preview of Champions

Yes we miss you.  :)

Thanks, Kanika. Thought about you guys all weekend. My wife's flight to Mexico left SJ on thursday and guess who she was stuck behind going through security. Yep... all of the South Bay Renegades. hehheh serves her right. ^0^

I know he didn't march last weekend, but how did your honey hold up?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An amazingly fun weekend filled with a lot of great drum corps.

I am now so tired, I may be on the verge of hallucinating. lol.

Lee (going to sleep ... on the West Coast) B)

It's great to hear that the folks in the chairs and stands had almost as much fun as I did this weekend.

LMS South was an absolute blast, and the crowd was extremely responsive for all the corps. Georgia was nuts...baritones circling halfway around the room, contras covering the entire stage doing ripples...it was great. I honestly thought we had given it away volume wise on the first run-through. Man, was I wrong. When we got to the hit the second time through and everyone spontaneously pushed right into the crowd's face(with the baris on stage making a cluster around Hunter Moss), it was just madness.

Special thanks to the Hurcs for inviting Heat Wave to perform Hang'em High/Mag 7 with them. It was an honor and tons of fun.

Thanks also to everyone in the stands who braved the weather. It was a long, tough weekend for all the corps in attendance, but having a good responsive crowd despite all the bad weather made the long rides, hard work and wet rehearsals worthwhile.

great review! Now time for the renowned Buccaneer August Push!

Fun weekend. Wet, but fun.

Looooong drive home. Might post more thoughts about the weekend..... provided I wake up before Tuesday. :P

Fran

Fun weekend. Wet, but fun.

Looooong drive home.  Might post more thoughts about the weekend..... provided I wake up before Tuesday.  :P

Fran

We at Bucs were fortunate to set up a bus pickup/drop off the Park and Ride at the intersection of I-195 and Rolling Road in Catonsville. I have to give you credit for making that drive from Baltimore. (And for sitting right in front of the stage at LMS)

Edited by boneman2000

REVIEW

OF

THE

YEAR

one beer to bawker at scranton.

LOVED IT! thanks bawker.

hopefully MCL will be there next year and i, too, can experience losing my hearing at the 2nd annual LMS-S! :rolleyes:

:mmm:

-DM|MD

You can take that for what it's worth...a dude on a message board with a big mouth.  b**bs

I still got my teeth kicked in by an awesome hornline, so who cares. :P

The Buccaneers kick ###. Real hard, all the way through the show.

show me another group that can come this close on weekend only practices, and I'll punch my mom in the face.  Really, I wouldn't  care if they called their show "WE RIPPED OFF SCV. NO REALLY. WE DID.", 'cause I'd still be eatin' it up. Anyway, they don't. So shut it. :P

but hopefully, they DCA folks will take the rain into account when looking at the bids. I can tell you that I thougt Winston-Salem did a good job in promoting the show, and a little sun here would have probably put another 1000 people in the stands.

Make mine DCA! :)

Thanks for the kind words about the book Bawker.

And James, thanks for the compliments.

I have written all of CVs brass arrangements since going competitive in 2000 in Class A.

But before that there were some quality arrangements contributed by Tom Carr and others. So I am not the only one who wrote for CV.

I really dug into the Don Ellis recordings, so do not forget to credit Don Ellis himself (rest his soul!)  for the work. I think some of his harmony and intent has been lost from these tunes in previous attempts. Hopefully I was able to restore some of that.

For the middle tune, Don was on my shoulder when I was writing, and Jason and, Tracy. (CVs know what I mean)

So James you can have the job, If I am fired or if I die!

I love writing for them.

I am so glad for CV this year, the members and staff have done a great job, but IMO Hopkins and Marwede and the guard staff really helped saved this corps from decline.

Darryl:

I didn't know that there were other arrangers before you...thank you for setting the record straight on that.

And much as I would love to write for a large corps and especially CV one day, I doubt you'll die anytime soon (other than from missing marching) and I doubt you'll get fired (just write more moments like the hit in the ballad and you're set ^0^ )

Bawker....great great great review. Seriously. Congratulations! One of the top of the year in my book.

To the Renegades....I can't think of anything else to say other than a most sincere and gracious congrats. You continue to amaze me at what you all can do as an organization, and all kidding aside, I salute you unabashedly. You guys have moved things up a level.

To DCA...for what it's worth...get ready. You all are getting more and more popular every day.