Winston-Salem Scores!

Let's put this little aside to rest right here and now.

The corps (The Bucs) have just had one of the greatest experiences of their season - (minus the rain of course). Members, Staff and Admin are talkin' about this like it was some kind of fantasy road-trip. Please do not take this as some kind of disrespectful whatever. You analysis is wwwwaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy out of line, off base and presumptuous.

Just because we are from PA (relatively close to Scranton) does not mean that we enjoy tripping over a pitchers mound either or bailing some of our own out of jail/Sheriff's office(really) of the Moosic police, or getting frustrated at the same things you all are including the "Hershey debacle."

We have been raving about the football field, the lack of a "track", the height of the vantage point. In fact we downright loved it!

Please don’t take a light joke the wrong way - yes we had a skunk in Syracuse, trains going by in Syracuse, planes and helicopters flying over in Allentown, Moosic brown shirts in Scranton etc etc - (and yes, there was a tractor pull in Winston-Salem, which I DO FIND QUITE AMUSING!) these are all the things we make jokes about and complain about. I will also wager, that if there is a championships in Winston-Salem, there will be plenty more stories dealing with tractor pulls.

BottomLine = We Loved it!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BottomLine = We Loved it!

Hm.

One of the great problems of the internet is never being able to catch inflection or sarcasm sometimes.

I loved the Bucs show, and everyone in the organization was amazing, so I was kind of thrown off guard by the whole comment.

My apologies for reading some of these posts and taking things the wrong way. :)

IMO it is indicative of the Northeast DCA attitude that, we embrace you as long as you know your place in our organization. So much for the one big happy DCA family bit. If that is how they feel, please don't come back.

Just my .02 --

We should not judge any corps on any one person's comments. I certainly can't speak for them, but I hung out with my pals from the Bucs a lot this weekend, and I got the impression that they were having a good time, especially when the fans were going berserk for them (which was a lot!!). Even my buddy Chris Feist had a smile on his face this weekend. :)

The Bucs were also cool to every other corps, including "no stress" when the LMS South performance order had to change at the last minute due to the Bushwackers bus tire blowout. So, I respectfully suggest that "y'all" don't judge any corps on how they view the trip just yet.

The concept of traveling one weekend a year to expand the fan base is new to most of DCA, and there are details for everyone to figure out. I can tell you that in our heavy travel experience, it gets easier every time, and logistical details that seem insurmountable at first become no big deal once you have done them once or twice. At the end of the year, it is usually the travel weekends that hold the best memories for the corps members, and the best opportunities to socialize with other corps members and other DCA corps, which makes the DCA experience that much better for everyone.

Enough of my babbling. :P

LOL Ok ok!! I'll find a new pic!!! :)

Just my .02 --

We should not judge any corps on any one person's comments.  I certainly can't speak for them, but I hung out with my pals from the Bucs a lot this weekend, and I got the impression that they were having a good time, especially when the fans were going berserk for them (which was a lot!!). Even my buddy Chris Feist had a smile on his face this weekend.  :)

The Bucs were also cool to every other corps, including "no stress" when the LMS South performance order had to change at the last minute due to the Bushwackers bus tire blowout.  So, I respectfully suggest that "y'all" don't judge any corps on how they view the trip just yet.

I understand one or two instructors don't speak for the entire corps. I guess I just get sensitive sometimes.

I understand one or two instructors don't speak for the entire corps.  I guess I just get sensitive sometimes.

Understood - and I won't presume you speak for the entire CorpsVets organization either. I had the pleasure of meeting a large group of the CorpsVets at Kelly's Pub in Wildwood at the beginning of this season and to be honest; I have never met a friendlier bunch of folks in drum corps, as we all raised our glasses togather in a toast of our favorite adult beverage before they hopped on their busses at 1am to travel all the way back home. :worthy:

This is drum corps. Just trying to keep it all in perspective. B)

This is true.  I look nothing like the letter "R" 

B)

Now if you put a pair of light up neon glasses on that R...then the resemblance would be striking.

:worthy: