The "BD" forums are not happy with negative

Your dollars, and where they go are definitely YOUR choice. Your reasons for NOT supporting the organization suck, but again, that's yours or anyone else's choice, and I can respect that for sure.

That said, the fact that you reincarnated the thread over here was classless.

"Look everyone, someone stole my lunch money" or "Oh, I need someone to justify this terrible injustice".

Pathetic.

Keep em coming, I'll be here all day.

BTW, by continually "resting your case", you aren't really resting your case.

Classless ? Really? No, just telling the facts, and posting my observations. I had planned on it anyway.....care to define classless?? Should the BD forums be ashamed of their censorship practices ?? Are they embarassed they cant handle negativity ?? Imagine if everyone just kept quite rearding issues of censorship, controversy, and dismay ??OR maybe you would have liked thenegative comments stifled too so that reality could be lost.....theres someone that doesnt like the show, we must silence him.....I tell ya, I always knew George Hopkins was a man of class based on my first hand dealings with him, but those feelings are magnifying ten fold, he can take criticism, doesnt get angry at those dealing it out, and doesnt try to shut them up.......Maybe those there in Concord need to take a lesson or two.

LOL...classless, thats classic !!

BTW, Im wondering, are you representing how the BD organization feels ?? Because you are certainly opening my eyes, and rather quickly at that.

~G~

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, Im wondering, are you representing how the BD organization feels ?? Because you are certainly opening my eyes, and rather  quickly at that.

~G~

Crap, didn't add this once again, my bad:

IMPORTANT: This post is intended for the use of this forum and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for some members, or readers.. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this post is not authorized (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this post, although the kelpie next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that alert Notice from Microsoftâ„¢. However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have received this post in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites, whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.

So the answer is, I'm representing MY opinion. Sorry I couldn't provide anymore fuel for you.

GMichael, I been a BD forum member for many years and have had posts deleted as well that weren't as harsh as yours. I amazed that after you tear down the staff with negativity you thrown in a couple of compliments in a weak attempt to stay in favor of your fellow BD Alumni and fans. You know that the BD site has always tried to maintain a positive environment on their site. Apparently, they read your post and felt it wasn't good for the corp, especially this late in the season. I may agree with your accessment of the show but not the way you voiced your opinion on their own site.

It is obvious from your post that your comments weren't geared to build but rather to tear them down.

These are kids and fortunately the BD moderators IMO have always tried to keep things positive.

You knew what to expect when you posted there! It shouldn't be any surprise!!!

BD may be having a bad year in terms of past history and maybe they aren't taking your critique with open arms. So just as you expect the BD organization to show some understanding while they digest your harsh critique, I expect you to show the same understanding after reading my critique on your post. I'm sure you meant well and have always IMO showed class!

Edited by Phantombari1

Wait a minute...time out.  Does anyone else besides me see the pointlessness of having a "forum" when you can only say good things about the "topic"?  I understand why they wouldn't want criticism of the corps on there, but why even have a forum in the first place if it's all kool-aide drinking blue fans saying the same things? (Yeah, I know...marketing...) :worthy:

There are losts of people who have criticised BD on their site this year, and most of the posts have remained up. Of course, you would know that if you had ever bothered to look at the site before speaking about it. People don't "just say good things about the topic."

As far as their forum being pointless for not allowing posts that basically say "you are garbage," well, that forum's been around for years and a lot of people frequent it. Somehow, they manage to find a point while sipping their kool-aid. B)

It's not just Cadets and BD who don't like opinions other than their own. This is a widespread problem in all of drum corps--from the fans, judges, participants, and staff. Most people have a very narrow concept about what drum corps should be and don't want to hear any opinion to the contrary.

much disheartening... :(

Yeah, it's disheartening that a site devoted to the Blue Devils deletes posts that say "your product is absolute garbage." 

Please, stop with the martyrdom.

THANK YOU! I've been waiting for someone to point that out.

<snip>

BTW, by continually "resting your case", you aren't really resting your case.

Heh... good point.

That is all.

Sorry, bud, but I've gotta call BS. Your assertion is bogus.

Do a search on "narration" and/or "derby" on the BD board and you'll find PLENTY of opinions stating a dislike for the current year's offering. Both FMMs and non-FMMs have given reviews and/or opions that aren't exactly "favorable." If your posts were deleted, then I suspect it was due to choice of words more than content.

There are probably more posts favoring "other" corps on that board than the sum of those favoring BD. In fact, the majority of corps related posts deleted have been posts slamming "other" corps. I doubt you'll find any corps specific board that hosts such a large contingent of "alternate" corps fans, or that attempts to apply leniency in terms of allowing differing, negative viewpoints.

I also doubt the moderators on that board are experts in libel. IMO, they're trying to balance a desire to be lenient in terms of offering opposing viewpoints, the need to maintain a basic level of civility, and the requirement of using the board as a means for dissemenating public information and keeping parents informed. The thickness of their skin is being tested this summer (for obvious reaons), and at times, it may be thinner than others.

So your post was deleted... so what, join the club. Word it differently while stating the same opinion, and I bet it stays. It wouldn't be the first. Or, you can write "hey x, what the **** were you thinking when you dreamed up that **** show" and watch it get canned in a few milliseconds ;-)

By the way, I'm betting the only real feedback they need is the finals score/placement. I would expect 'em to come out swinging next year!