Yowza!

I think 'Yowza' was all the rage in the Roaring Twenties when dance contests were....all the rage.

IIRC in the movie 'It's a Wonderful Life' there's a dance contest which takes places at the High School.  Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed's characters are involved and I believe the contest organizer shouts 'Yowza Yowza Yowza' to kick things off.  That picture was set in the Twenties, just prior to the Crash of '29.

Huh??? It's a Wonderful Life is set in the 40's!!! Harry Bailey a war hero; check out the cars; see the Bells of St. Mary's on the theater marquee. And as someone else has said, the emcee at the dance (it was actually at the school graduation party), yells Oh, yez, oh yez, oh yez . . .

edited for spelling

Edited by dmfootworks

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yell it back at the screen

:rock::rock::rock:

YOWZA!!

People still talk about Dan Quayle?

Anyway, most of what is in this topic is people mocking the Blue Devils.

God forbid I don't agree with the majority.

thanks for missing the point.

Qualye WAS mocked for years...i mean long after he was gone.

it may have hurt his feelings, but it was free speech so no damage done.

same here.

can't stand the heat, unplug your amps and get the #### off the field

Mike i was being sarcastic. You have NEVER seen me encourage people to boo yell etc.

and as far as the DCI viewing audience, listen in the stands...it's there too.

is called "what the #### is this"

I realize that most of it is in good fun. But how would you feel if you were a program coordinator and you come to find a huge community mocking an concept that you worked hard to put together?

It's one thing to say you dislike it. It's another to belittle it.

I guess it would be preferrable to posting on DCP how you "stole" a show concept from a High School Marching Band from Michigan..................................... ^0^

I think 'Yowza' was all the rage in the Roaring Twenties when dance contests were....all the rage.

IIRC in the movie 'It's A Wonderful Life' there's a dance contest which takes place at the High School.  Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed's characters are involved and I believe the contest organizer shouts 'Yowza Yowza Yowza' to kick things off.  That picture was set in the Twenties just prior to the Crach of '29.

Huh??? It's a Wonderful Life is set in the 40's!!! Harry Bailey a war hero; check out the cars; see the Bells of St. Mary's on the theater marquee. And as someone else has said, the emcee at the dance (it was actually at the school graduation party), yells Oh, yez, oh yez, oh yez . . .

edited for spelling

Pwn3D!!!!!!!!!!

BD could turn lemons into lemonade here. In the future Yowza could be their "battle cry." Just as Cavies have their Splooie!, Blue Devis could have their Yowza!

Ready . . . One . . Two . . Three --

YOW-ZAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And in future years the history and legend will be known to all who want to know. Yeah, lemons into lemonade.